Not Enough Feathers on this Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've had some a buddy makes recently. i'll have to get his recipe. i cube mine and wrap in bacon using a toothpick, marinade overnight in your favorite sauce. make a "pan" out of foil and let the chunks cook in the bacon grease on the grill.

dipping sauce- one container of sour cream, a dollup of mayo, small container of crumbles blue cheese, a tblsp of minced horseradish, one fresh chopped garlic clove. mix all together and dip chunks into right off the grill. the toothpicks make great holders. enjoy!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make jerky out of a large percentage of the ducks and geese I shoot.

I run the breasts through a slicer and then soak the meat in salt water for a day or two. Changing out the water twice a day. Trying hard to get the blood out of the meat. Then I use a liquid marinade or a dry seasoning. It makes really good jerky

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got out a little late today, still got some ducks though. Here are some pics of some green winged teal we got this morning, they sure are pretty. We also got some ringnecks but we always get those so i didn't include them in the pictures. Some of the pictures aren't from today but i thought i'd share them anyway.

i1240.photobucket.com_albums_gg497_CalebCox10_teal_zpsb665a8c4.jpg

i1240.photobucket.com_albums_gg497_CalebCox10_teal1_zps5e52fb8d.jpg

i1240.photobucket.com_albums_gg497_CalebCox10_teal2_zps665c2f79.jpg

i1240.photobucket.com_albums_gg497_CalebCox10_teal3_zpsc6f43a9f.jpg

i1240.photobucket.com_albums_gg497_CalebCox10_teal4_zps6dbb2e19.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got out a little late today, still got some ducks though. Here are some pics of some green winged teal we got this morning, they sure are pretty. We also got some ringnecks but we always get those so i didn't include them in the pictures. Some of the pictures aren't from today but i thought i'd share them anyway.

Love the pics!

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things are starting to heat back up....

Saturday was a close to home hunt that resulted in a 3 man limit of Gads and Mallards
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_Boatload2.jpg

We headed north to the Sunflower State for Sunday's hunt. 5 man limit of ducks (Mallards, Gadwall, Pintail, Wigeon, Ringneck) and 9 bonus geese (Mix of greaters and lessers).
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_Greenhouse3_1.jpg

Pintail that is going on my wall. Over the years, every pintail I've killed has either had a tiny sprig or been really torn up. I caught this guy with just a couple of pellets to the head and there was no blood to speak of. Really nice sprig and not a feather out of place.
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_GreenhousePintail_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom