Not His Best Day!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as a side thought, if one has a dash cam and the other party sees it, they can go to court and get discovery to get the footage filmed by your own dash cam. Thus, if one is at fault, his own camera could prove it.

We asked about putting a GoPro in the window of our work van to capture images of things we see as we are driving, but the company said no, mostly because that video can be "discovered" and used in court against us.

As far as the video of the guy flying off the highway, that sort of thing is why I watch traffic on roads crossing the one I am on by way of an overpass.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only odd thing I've got with mine is the driver side rear window on a Jeep blowing out for no reason that I could see.
I was passing him and some pebble-sized stuff hit my windshield and then I saw his window was broken.
The break is at 14 seconds:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
front and rear looking.
Yeah, I didn't realize that they had front and rear cameras until after I got the one for my wife. I'll be upgrading to one of those in the future.

I know that the footage can be used against us as well, but I just have to remind myself (and my wife) of that when we are driving to keep us on our best behavior. Which we is be anyway. 😁 😁

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you running, and how do you like it?

Difficult to install?
I haven't bought one yet that is front and rear. Bought a cheap one a couple years ago that is forward only, but the footage is so grainly one couldn't get a tag number if you wanted to. Cheap isn't the way to go for the cams.
They basically have an onboard battery that can be charged from a power port in the vehicle, or some may have to be directly powered by a cord all the time. I've seen both.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't bought one yet that is front and rear. Bought a cheap one a couple years ago that is forward only, but the footage is so grainly one couldn't get a tag number if you wanted to. Cheap isn't the way to go for the cams.
They basically have an onboard battery that can be charged from a power port in the vehicle, or some may have to be directly powered by a cord all the time. I've seen both.
I like the idea of plug and play but the wire in option probably be better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom