"Not his flag"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Der Teufel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like those that behead ours...for thinking?????

Ignorance compels...Go back from where you came

Like all spoiled children, you react to an unpleasant truth with ridicule and contempt. If you had either the intellectual capacity or self-awareness to consider the absolute inconsistency of your position, perhaps you would be worth debating.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like all spoiled children, you react to an unpleasant truth with ridicule and contempt. If you had either the intellectual capacity or self-awareness to consider the absolute inconsistency of your position, perhaps you would be worth debating.

That's a really deep thought.

FYI, we debate topics on this forum.
we don't use personal insults to berate another member if their opinion doesn't agree with yours. Talk about it/debate it. Keep it civil please.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you advocating you can as "free men" walk into a grocery and eat anything you want without paying?
That's not freedom, that's theft. As the folks in the open source software movement put it, do not confuse "free as in free speech" with "free as in free beer."
Can you as a free man scream fire in a movie theater?

Can you as a free man drive on the wrong side of the road?

Where does the free man and the land ruled by laws, and the constitution come together?

Explain to me how total freedom is going to help this country?
As a free man you can scream fire in a theater if a) there is (or you reasonably believe there to be) a fire in the theater or b) you're willing to accept the consequences of doing so. The libertarian ideal would prevent you from yelling fire without there actually being a fire because that stands a very good chance of doing harm to someone who is not trying to do harm to you.

Likewise, anyone who has driven on Oklahoma roads has, at some point, driven on the wrong side of the road out of necessity, but only fools do it when there is oncoming traffic. Again, the libertarian ideal is that you're free to do it as long as you are not affecting someone else.

The Constitution is not there to govern interactions between free men, it is there to govern interactions between free men and their government--in particular, it is there to define the limits of the government's power. And, for a whole bunch of those laws, we'd all be better off if they were stricken from the books.

Nobody is asking for "total freedom" as you're defining it--all we want is the freedom to do whatever we want that doesn't infringe on the rights of another.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting the cannon ready. Shitcannon.jpg

Der Teufel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ehhh , its not worth it, he can wallow in his ignorance, My opinion is Never popular, it's just the right one for Me

I am the ignorant one? That statement would be hilarious if it did not so perfectly illustrate your utter failure to grasp the glaring irony of your position. You advocate violence against those who would express their opinion simply because their opinion differs from yours. How is your position in sync with true American values? All of you who are advocating physically harming those individuals who burn flags, are the antithesis of true Americans.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am the ignorant one? That statement would be hilarious if it did not so perfectly illustrate your utter failure to grasp the glaring irony of your position. You advocate violence against those who would express their opinion simply because their opinion differs from yours. How is your position in sync with true American values? All of you who are advocating physically harming those individuals who burn flags, are the antithesis of true Americans.

I didnt threaten anyone, but if they were to trip over my rights...so be it...8)

Der Teufel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt threaten anyone, but if they were to trip over my rights...so be it...8)

You are avoiding the question. The implied readiness to do violence in the above statement simply reinforces my point.

Would you kindly answer the following question?

How is using physical force to prevent people from expressing political opinions with which you disagree, in any way compatible with the American ideal?

Der Teufel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't feed trolls your life will be so much better.

Learning that helped me in so many ways.

This is always the "cop out" of those that avoid honest intellectual debate. If my questions make you uncomfortable, you may either ask yourself why and attempt to learn something, or, simply avoid the thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom