Flag rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else tired of seeing our flag posted at half mast for every mundane "tragedy"? With the current administration redefining what qualifies as a mass shooting, it seems that old glory flies more at half mast then not. To me it kind of dilutes the meaning of what it symbolizes. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it or just need to accept it and move on, but I'm getting older and grumpier (yes, it's a word, I think). Anyone else feel the same?

:soldiers:
Affirmative!

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else tired of seeing our flag posted at half mast for every mundane "tragedy"? With the current administration redefining what qualifies as a mass shooting, it seems that old glory flies more at half mast then not. To me it kind of dilutes the meaning of what it symbolizes. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it or just need to accept it and move on, but I'm getting older and grumpier (yes, it's a word, I think). Anyone else feel the same?

:soldiers:
Yep, definitely!

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw an LGBQ flag flying on a large flagpole in someone’s yard last week. So I stopped my car, lowered the flag, folded it neatly into a triangular shape, wrapped the flag around a brick and threw it through their front window. I’m not sure if that’s proper flag etiquette, but I figure a tradition always has to start somewhere.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole "gun violence" gig is a sham. When you look @ the worldwide gun death figures, you are looking @ apples to oranges. The US is the ONLY country that includes suicides in their numbers which overstates deaths by around 62%. The US is number 13 on the worldwide list until you back out the suicides, then we fall back to # 38 or so on the list, way behind much smaller nations.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Citing statistics and invalid comparisons does very little to support our stance. The fact remains that there are always people that should not have had access to weapons, of any kind. Gun “violence”, or whatever we choose to call it will always be with us unless somehow society finds away to help those with the various forms of mental illness and violent behavior.

g54b16psi

Marksman
Reaction score
Citing statistics and invalid comparisons does very little to support our stance. The fact remains that there are always people that should not have had access to weapons, of any kind. Gun “violence”, or whatever we choose to call it will always be with us unless somehow society finds away to help those with the various forms of mental illness and violent behavior.
And if somehow firearms never existed, people would still be killing other people.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...unless somehow society finds away to help those with the various forms of mental illness and violent behavior.
This will never happen for two reasons. Politicians will never vote to spend the money for the resources to properly deal with the mentally ill because there is no political capital in it for them. Second, if gun violence is blamed on mental illness then that shifts the blame to the person not the gun. We all know liberals will never allow that to happen. It would severely interfere with their disarming of America agenda.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is dealing with mental heath is very difficult and very expensive (probably on the order of what we waste on illegal immigrants), whereas, you can write some stupid, never gonna work "gun bill" and have it in front of Congress in 45 minutes. Problem solved, move on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom