"Not his flag"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Der Teufel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not calling you a troll.

If I walk down the street and see someone doing something I don't like I move on.

More of a comment on the thread's premise, not directed at you.

My apologies for misinterpreting your post. In all candor, I made an assumption that was incorrect. It shows all of us, even those of us who regularly practice maintaining an enlightened view, need to consider our assumptions.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny how emotional folks get over a symbol.

"When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross".

Hippies burning their own flags= scumbags exercising free speech.

Hippies burning buildings at Kent State= rioters worthy of violence.

Is it really that hard to tell the difference between a guy doing something you don't agree with and a criminal destroying or stealing someone else's property?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how emotional folks get over a symbol.

"When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross".

Hippies burning their own flags= scumbags exercising free speech.

Hippies burning buildings at Kent State= rioters worthy of violence.

Is it really that hard to tell the difference between a guy doing something you don't agree with and a criminal destroying or stealing someone else's property?

I'm sure the British had the same problem

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what symbols are for Tk. That is why they are symbols. They have meaning for people; some positive, some negative, some indifferent.

So if some pervert submerges a cross in urine and calls it art, should I give him a beatdown because I find it offensive?

I do find it offensive, but it's his property.

Seeing some worthless politicians use the flag=freedom BS to hide their agenda is far more offensive and dangerous than some lowlife burning it on the street.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uh, Tk, I was agreeing with you. except for the "finding it funny" part.

I also agree with:

"Seeing some worthless politicians use the flag=freedom BS to hide their agenda is far more offensive and dangerous than some lowlife burning it on the street. "

UMB added the following as an edit:
Like you, there are symbols I find offensive. The Nazi swastika comes to mind. As long as there is not the threat of violence or force behind them and they are the property of the individual making the statement, then its their right. It is also my right to speak out against it.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh, Tk, I was agreeing with you. except for the "finding it funny" part.

Well, crap. Let's find something to fight about online before January 16th, shall we?

So - the swastika - symbol of Nazi Germany....
What do you think was the main reason it took nearly the whole world to defeat a country the size of Texas?
Idealogy, genetics, good weather?
I mean, the Germans made some huge scientific leaps, and developed technology still used today under that regime. Why were they so successful?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, crap. Let's find something to fight about online before January 16th, shall we?

What do you think was the main reason it took nearly the whole world to defeat a country the size of Texas?
I mean, the Germans made some huge scientific leaps, and developed technology still used today under that regime. Why were they so successful?

misguided nationalism. Kinda like so many on this board. One side is no more right or good than the other. Both sides deserve a kick in the ass.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

An interweb fight?
That arraigned, can be.

As to your question, I think it comes down to will. They had it; as a nation of peoples under a leader who defined it. As to why it took the rest of the free world to defeat them? I think being on the reaction side of the equation speaks to that. We were not prepared to defeat them in the beginning. It is my opinion that the speed at which the nazi machine defeated their enemies caught the rest of the world on their heels and the will to defeat them was not there. The leaders of the free world were not prepared to meet the threat, either by blissful ignorance or in knowing that the citizens of those nations did not have the will to fight. It took time to spool up the manpower and resources, and that could only happen after the people were convinced that the battle was necessary. The overwhelming might brought down on the nazi regime? well, quantity does have a quality all its own.

misguided nationalism. Kinda like so many on this board. One side is no more right or good than the other. Both sides deserve a kick in the ass.
so, why do you deserve a kick in the ass? As it pertains to your statement, that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom