NRA press conference live at 10:00 am-stream live at NRA.ORG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Grading the speeches:

Wayne LaPierre : C- (Came across as angry and belligerent)
Asa Hutchinson : A+ (I guess all Arkansas politicians have a gift.)
Code Pink Protesters : F (Weak attention grabbing, seen in the room as a PITA)

I would grade both speakers a little lower than you did.

The NRA with all of it's resources needs to hire a better spokesperson.

With a week to prepare, I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the presentation.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The outdated movie and video game rhetoric...

Using dated references might have been intentional. I don't think the idea that video games cause violence is supported by younger people as much as older. Older generations might not have been familiar with references to new games. But that's just a guess.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Fox didn't even cover it. I watched in on CNN.
Then of course the liberal morons started talking afterwards and I turned it off.

Ya I was flippin through what I could get off the air while watching it on my laptop and nobody carried it. It should have been on all the networks like they do when doobomafes holds a press confrence.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it on Fox, I think it was just a bunch of crap except for the securing our schools part. I grew up with violent video games, movies, songs, etc, etc. I'm not a killer or psychopath, that is total bull IMO. You would think those people would have to have at least media credentials. The news conferance was pretty weak again, IMO. YMMV.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they needed to throw a bone to the anti's. Some kind of change, no matter how small. Instead he used the argument the anti's hate the most, we need more guns.

They're just going to be more determined to take as much as they can now.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forcefields. They're the only real answer (unless someone within the forcefield - like say, a derranged teacher goes crazy or the power supply to the forcefield is compromised).

look we've seen conclusive proof that setting up forcefields around entire facilities only attracts ragtag rebel scum and ewoks...and once you have an ewok infestation you're never getting the smell out of the vents...

Latest posts

Top Bottom