NRA press conference live at 10:00 am-stream live at NRA.ORG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think they needed to throw a bone to the anti's. Some kind of change, no matter how small. Instead he used the argument the anti's hate the most, we need more guns.

They're just going to be more determined to take as much as they can now.
These people will not settle for your pittance bone.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a gun problem. It's not a video game problem. It IS a people problem and until we snap out of this "We are all OK" mentality/society we are sunk no matter what. If someone is mentally unstable they do indeed have rights, but so do we correct? Why is their right to privacy more important than my family's right to live? We don't blame cars for drunk drivers and we don't blame spoons for being overweight so why it the gun blamed here? Us Okie's have been forever effected by someone using fertilizer and diesel when 168 of our own people were killed. It's not the tool, it's the person.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a gun problem. It's not a video game problem. It IS a people problem and until we snap out of this "We are all OK" mentality/society we are sunk no matter what. If someone is mentally unstable they do indeed have rights, but so do we correct? Why is their right to privacy more important than my family's right to live? We don't blame cars for drunk drivers and we don't blame spoons for being overweight so why it the gun blamed here? Us Okie's have been forever effected by someone using fertilizer and diesel when 168 of our own people were killed. It's not the tool, it's the person.

But meanwhile, all schools need armed security asap.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they needed to throw a bone to the anti's. Some kind of change, no matter how small. Instead he used the argument the anti's hate the most, we need more guns.

They're just going to be more determined to take as much as they can now.
No, it is line in the sand time.not one more inch toward stealing our rights should be given.appeasement only empowers them to try and go farther

Last edited:

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only real question that matters is, "what are YOU going to do about it?!"
What are YOU as a voter, consumer, and potential political campaign donor going to do?

If you aren't going to do anything then shut up.

Personally my time and money will go to support the school shield program. I will not do business with those who do not support this and I will devote time and money to remove political leaders who do no support it.

I have a meeting with the superintenden of my children's school. I suggest you do the same. I am paying for any teacher in our school system who wants it to get their SDA permit and I will welcome them into our weekly training group.

I am also providing him with information who the schools can bring in to train staff and students on how to deal with active shooters.

So, what are you gonna do?

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But meanwhile, all schools need armed security asap.

I am in the security business and provide armed officers to Tulsa Public Schools and have for years along with many other schools in OK and throughout the U.S. I couldn't agree more and there is a reason my Son's school has a person in the front door wearing a weapon!!!!!!!!!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do you suggest?

We have a few threads with several suggestions.

How can the NRA suggest a Nat'l Regestry of mental people and want to censor or blame movies and video games. Its HYPROCRITICAL!!!!

Gunowners dont want a Nat'l Regestry of firearms. Blaming games or movies is the same as blaming guns.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the press conference probably helped the anti-gun faction more than anything. Came off more like a representative of the firearms industry than anything.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom