O. S. U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never knew we had journo's on here. Makes me want to retract a lot of statements I've made on this site now for fear of being used in an article or misquoted. All kidding aside (maybe) Who do you write for Buick?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I write books, produce videos and magazine articles for the automotive industry. I write for hot rod, car craft, powerblocktv, etc. I have been doing this for 10 years, full time since 2006. I have written over 650 articles, 4 books (working on #5) and countless videos and web stories. I also a little bit of non-car writing, depending who needs what.

The thing is, I went to osu initially for a sports medicine. I worked with the players in the training room. I can tell you, this is all bs. I was there in thel late 90s.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked with the players in the training room. I can tell you, this is all bs. I was there in thel late 90s.

That's kind of delusional don't you think? First you weren't there in the Les Miles era, nor current. Second, I was involved in the Sports Medicine program at OU and assisted with the football program in the late 90s as well, and spent a lot of time off campus with a few players...... I wouldn't even pretend to know what really went on between the boosters and players if someone had made any accusations.

I get that most here have no objectivity when it comes to these accusations but as stated earlier, you're just going to have to ride the storm, it happens. You're just the flavor of the month.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kind of delusional don't you think? First you weren't there in the Les Miles era, nor current. Second, I was involved in the Sports Medicine program at OU and assisted with the football program in the late 90s as well, and spent a lot of time off campus with a few players...... I wouldn't even pretend to know what really went on between the boosters and players if someone had made any accusations.

I get that most here have no objectivity when it comes to these accusations but as stated earlier, you're just going to have to ride the storm, it happens. You're just the flavor of the month.

Not delusional at all, if you work with the players, you get to know them, you know the team, the coaches, etc. I was there during Bob Simmon's tenure, I never said I was there under Miles. That doesn't change the fact that I knew a lot of athletes and hung out with some of them. After college, I spent more time with basketball players and a few baseball players between 99 and 2003, not football. But the facts remain the same. Those guys got assistance from tutors to help make their grades. That is not an improper benefit. I am sure that some players probably bought/received papers or things like that, but those items were not provided by the staff. If a loser wanted to look for an easy out, he could do that on his own. EVERY school has issues with this, but to say that there is lack in institutional control is ridiculous. Miles was certainly lackadaisical, he is with LSU now, but Gundy goes around doing his own class checks! Putting some of the at-risk kids in online course is not a bad idea, it makes sure they are in class, where they can be monitored. Most of the at risk kids were passed through high school on their athletic ability, OSU is not going to allow that to happen again, not after Dexter Manley, that was a huge issue. If you fail in college after you have access to free tutors, then that is all on you. This is a non-issue.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not delusional at all, if you work with the players, you get to know them, you know the team, the coaches, etc. I was there during Bob Simmon's tenure, I never said I was there under Miles.

Sorry my friend but it's delusional if you weren't there, and you admit you weren't. It's just incredibly naïve to believe that you know everything that goes on or even a majority, because you worked with some players under a previous coach.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is the correct answer.

The only thing OSU can do really is conduct a thorough review, using an independent investigator as well, and correct whatever they find wrong.

I know one thing I would do if I was athletic director, at ANY school, is have cameras record the the entrance to the locker room and document every person that went in and out on game day.
I would keep that video for a minumum of 12 years.

But I look at it like this, something else is going to come along and eclipse this soon enough.
Johnny Manziel is still a ticking timebomb and I give him less than a month before he does something stupid enough to become the center of attention again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom