Obama Too Intelligent for Republicans to Understand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, progressive policy's have been a general failure for the last 7 1/2 years.
Which ones? Most progressives think Obama's legacy is the outstandingly great...who is right? But, it's really more complex because much of it is filtered through congress and the judicial system. We'll know more about how successful Obama was (or not) in 10 or 15 years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most progressives are challenged intellectually when it comes to failed policy's. Obamacare is failing, States are dumping it because its not working, They rig the books on unemployment vs the people that have dropped out of the workforce because there are no jobs, and the story goes on.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The values are in conflict and cannot both be correct.The great majority in both camps have simply drifted to that point of view by the process of absorbing the opinions of those around them and from the work of propagandists, rather than by thoughtful consideration.

For example, a growing majority looks to government to improve their quality of life. This is foolishness. I am grateful to be the son of a small businessman. I saw what business is from the inside out and realize that government cannot provide the needed societal benefits that individual small business owners can. Resiliency and freedom are important and are stifled by liberalism.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can be in conflict, and still both be valuable and good but for different reasons. The balance between that conflict is what makes things alright in the end.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, if I understand your paradigm, it is that there is an optimum level of government control vs individual freedom. With that I agree but "big picture" liberal thinking is that more government control is almost always needed. With that I disagree.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, if I understand your paradigm, it is that there is an optimum level of government control vs individual freedom. With that I agree but "big picture" liberal thinking is that more government control is almost always needed. With that I disagree.
Government is needed. We need a great military to protect us, we need the government to provide some of the basic social and economic issues, but we do not need government to invade our personal lives, and our occupations. The Cowards in the congress have created the EPA, DHS and other agencies to legislate for them so they do not have to be on record as actually changing a law that might lose them votes in the next election. That is the issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom