Official Home & Business Security Thread, Tips and Advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You left out one major method of infiltration... someone could tunnel in from 100 yards away right up into the middle of your safe room!

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an opinion, but I would replace that Master M736 with something like Abloy's PL 975. I've never met a Master lock that wasn't easy or fairly easy to pick. Often in under 30 seconds. And I'm not that terribly good at it. Last time I looked at those locks at Lowes, ALL of them had the same key code. Not very reassuring to me.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those with a Honeywell/ Ademco alarm panel, you might want to call up your security company and ask if 'Total Connect' is an option you can buy.

It allows for cameras to be wired directly to your alarm panel (saving you $$$ on a DVR or NVR), and the video is accessible via a web browser or a smartphone. It'll notify you based on motion in front of the camera by SMS or email.

It's a way of the alarm companies to make more monthly service $$$ from you, but it is nice to be able to see video of your house or assets remotely and it's not very expensive to get into.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an opinion, but I would replace that Master M736 with something like Abloy's PL 975. I've never met a Master lock that wasn't easy or fairly easy to pick. Often in under 30 seconds. And I'm not that terribly good at it. Last time I looked at those locks at Lowes, ALL of them had the same key code. Not very reassuring to me.

I have a multi-lock on their now I use abloy on my deadbolts both are much better then master.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
only one time.....and that because I left a window unlocked..................
cost me some hand tools and an old Stevens 22.
Thats the bad news.
the good news, it was spring time and wet and the thief went through the woods.
Never leave a trail in the woods a deer hunter can trail.
Followed him to his house.
The police did the rest:respect:

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One simple, inexpensive addition to any new home should be a nice storm door. Your average drug addict door kicker (and folks that's what most burglaries in OK are) will skip homes with storm doors for the easier non equipped front door. This is something that is visible from the street and is a basic of home casing for the typical door kicker.

Don't have parties or get togethers at your home where strangers come and go, it allows easy casing from the inside.

Imagine in your mind what you are going to do if woke from a deep slumber by loud bangs on your front door, have a plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom