Official "I drew a controlled hunt" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My total fees were $65 last time.

Special deer archery hunt any sex res: $20.00

Special hunt user fee - feds- $25.00

Special hunt deer archery - (optional second tag) $20

Total: $65

Looks like they raised the fees. NR is non-resident, hence the high price. For some reason they have you as a non-resident.

DO NOT PAY THAT. It's a mistake. It happened last year and said some hunters on Ok Bowhunter Conference owed thousands of dollars.

Looks like you should owe $75 for the fee and one tag, plus whatever second RESIDENT (NOT NON RESIDENT) tag is if you want one.

Wait a few days, if they don't fix the site (they did last year) call the ODWC.

ETA Your $50 user fee is NR too. Somethings not right. Should be even cheaper. Major screw up, but it happened last year to people I know. You are a resident, I assume.

They have you set up for a Non Resident. That is what the Non Resident tags cost. You should check into this, before you pay up.

Alright guys, thanks for the info. I figured all the NR was non-res stuff, but was kinda confused as to how that would have happened. I'm usually pretty particular when filling all the stuff out and even have a lifetime hunt/fish. Definitely a 'resident' of the great state, so I'll give it a little while and then give them ring dings if nothing changes. I was hoping for an inexpensive hunting year and then saw that and was all wtfing. Good to know it's just a screwup on their part!

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there on the same date, as well as Dreaming man.

The time of year you will be there the acorns and persimmons will still be dropping, but will be at the end of their cycle.

Last year, there was a 4" rain a day or two before and the creeks were flooded. None of the low lying areas were good, nor safe.

Your sucess will be determined by mother nature most likely.

As Cartman would say, "It was a hellarain." I figured the hunting was going to be a bust, but I saw deer after it quite raining and it turned out to be a great, but soggy hunt. I hope it is dry this year, but if it takes "hellarain" to get a PY ... well, let it rain :)

It is a good time for the ripe and falling persimmons. Let them be your friend.

See ya soon Dennis!

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I entered and drew out for a doe last year at ft cobb wma but never used it. I realized how stupid it was for me even to enter when I have 3,000+ acres of my own to hunt. Good luck everyone.

It's not bad to leave the neighborhood every now and again. See some different land, pratice your doe killing skills. You might even see a Sasquash (sp?).

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got drawn for the 2nd year in a row for a gun hunt for deer. I've already been on the Antelope and the Elk hunts, before the lifetime restriction so I can still put in for them also. I hunted Rita Blanca public the first day for the antelope. That nigh I was in the local cafe and the ranger came in and asked if I was unting and how did I do. i told him that I saw several antelope a half mile away several time but they were already running from me. He drew me a little map to some privte land and told me to go there first light - he already had landowner permission to send someone there. It was a very good tip - scored about an hour after shooting light.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got drawn for a turkey hunt at Big Mac for the second weekend of turkey season. It only took me 12 years to get drawn for my second draw hunt turkey tag.

Anyone been there before on a turkey hunt?

hunter966

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First year I ever put in. I only put in for Lex this year though, because I'm still learning the ropes of hunting. I didn't want to drive all the way to the panhandle and go hunting for big game without being able to fully appreciate it.

You will be there the day before me! Try and save me one...

Latest posts

Top Bottom