Official Post Up Pics Of Your Bob Cats This Season Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cyanide was hell on secondary kills by carrion eaters picking on the carcasses of the dead coyotes. I'm glad they stopped that.

Not sure what you are talking about. M-44 cyanide capsules are still used, and there is no secondary poisioning from the cyanide capsules. I believe you maybe referring to Compound 1080 (Sodium fluoroacetate) which was banned in 1972, but is still used today in very limited applications.

Also, those guys are still passing on their knowledge. They pass it on to the young guys working for them. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about. M-44 cyanide capsules are still used, and there is no secondary poisioning from the cyanide capsules. I believe you maybe referring to Compound 1080 (Sodium fluoroacetate) which was banned in 1972, but is still used today in very limited applications.

Also, those guys are still passing on their knowledge. They pass it on to the young guys working for them. :)

In the 50's and 60's, the cyanide was killing every thing from coyotes to avian, and ground carrion eaters. I was a kid, but possums, coons, hawks were also found around the kills. Nasty stuff.

I just completed a course and am licensed in Chemical Applications by private applicators. I'm not real happy with some of the pesticides in use today because of secondary issues with things like upland game, etc.

The industry is working real hard in producing one issue products like Dupont Prevathon that attacks grasshopper infestations by a chemical that paralyzes their mandibles so they can't eat, and die. Upland game can eat them and not have any effects.
Nothing else in the field is effected.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_CD35C0D1_6137_487F_9730_80A3755ABA72_zps3qepq9bi.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom