Official Post Up Pics Of Your Bob Cats This Season Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only called one cat so far this fall/winter (that I saw), and it was early before season. And I agree on the snare deal, I wish so bad that they would allow us to use them here. I used them some on beavers and coyotes in LA when I used to trap quite a bit and they're so much cheaper & easier to use; we actually bought the components from The Snare Shop in IA and made our own. Boy these canyons out here would be some perfect snaring spots! :)

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice cat Scott! You are going to love that .17. I can give you my pet load if you need it. It is a great coyote killer. The Rem factory loads shot well but I had lots of runners that died 50 yrds later. I finally called in a cat last week and it came up in a brush pile 10 yards away but hard to my right. There was a sapling in the way of swinging the gun right there. If it would have come closer to the call, I had a shot but it backed up and went out the way it came. I got around on it but could not get it to stop with lip squeaks and it was gone before I could get a shot off.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice cat Scott! You are going to love that .17. I can give you my pet load if you need it. It is a great coyote killer. The Rem factory loads shot well but I had lots of runners that died 50 yrds later. I finally called in a cat last week and it came up in a brush pile 10 yards away but hard to my right. There was a sapling in the way of swinging the gun right there. If it would have come closer to the call, I had a shot but it backed up and went out the way it came. I got around on it but could not get it to stop with lip squeaks and it was gone before I could get a shot off.

Send that load info if you would please.
Hate you called one in and it got away. Stay after them and it will happen.
Thanks for all the replays everyone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_CD35C0D1_6137_487F_9730_80A3755ABA72_zps3qepq9bi.jpg

Beautiful cat Scott! Biggun too.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ironically after I posted I didn't think we had bobcats.... two days latter I got one on my trail cam! I'm jealous of all you guys that have got them so far. I originally wasn't a fan of trapping but now I have the bug.

Latest posts

Top Bottom