Oh Please, Herman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From CBS:

The exception had been the sole African-American in the race, Herman Cain, who on Sunday said Perry was insensitive for not acting sooner to remove the offensive name from the camp. On Monday, however, Cain said he is "done with that issue," making the following comment in response to reporters' questions: "Was I satisfied with Governor Perry's explanation about the name of the ranch where he went hunting? And I said, 'Yes I am. Next question."

Still think he is playing the race card?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that makes me hope for as many candidates as is possible, and wait until late to decide who I will support. All kinds of things come out during the campaign and it is always worth watching to see how they handle them.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next;

[But scrubbed from Cain's official story is his long tenure as a director at a Midwest energy corporation named Aquila that, like the infamous Enron Corporation, recklessly dove into the wild west of energy trading and speculation-and ultimately screwed its employees out of tens of millions of dollars.

According to five lawsuits filed in federal court in 2004, Aquila's board of directors-which Cain joined in 1992-allegedly steered employees into heavily investing their retirement savings in company stock. At the same time, the company shifted its business model from straightforward energy generation to risky energy trading, an unregulated market made infamous by now-defunct Enron. The suits, later folded into a single, massive class action (PDF), alleged that Cain and top company officials violated a 37-year-old federal law requiring that employers manage employees retirement programs responsibly. (Cain's presidential exploratory committee did not respond to a request for comment.)]

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/05/herman-cain-aquila-lawsuit-2012

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, seriously, with all the craptastic ideas being floated by candidates, this is the one that makes you hope a guy doesn't get the nod?

There are a few others that I mentioned in another thread.

I like his 999 plan.

You realize that's more like 0-18-9, right? Or approximately a 27% tax rate on consumers (give or take because he doesn't say if his sales tax is inclusive or exclusive).

When will people learn that consumers pay *all* business taxes. Business taxes are nothing by a phantom tax to dupe the people into thinking they are paying a lower tax rate than they really are.

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two cents worth is that he is the only candidate with class and that it would be good for everyone to give him a fair evaluation. I've listened to the guy for several years and think he would make a very good president and not just because "anyone's better than what we've got now." He seems to be very knowledgeable about economic and business issues but, at the same time, seems humble enough to admit what he doesn't know.

Until this thread, I've heard nothing about the Hail To The Chief thing but wouldn't be surprised, again after listening to him, if he said it in jest. I did hear him address the "******head" issue today and his only fault was not being an experienced enough politician to see a set-up when it was coming. As far as "playing the race card" goes, well I'll just say it's something I seriously doubt he would ever do. If you've already made up your mind to not like him, then so be it. But if you're willing to consider he might be just what this country needs, then I'd encourage you to give him a fair shake and listen to what he has to say which, by the way is not going to be gained from anything you may get from The Huffington Post. I don't know for sure that I will vote for the guy, but I do know he would be 180 degrees different from our current president.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From CBS:
The exception had been the sole African-American in the race, Herman Cain, who on Sunday said Perry was insensitive for not acting sooner to remove the offensive name from the camp. On Monday, however, Cain said he is "done with that issue," making the following comment in response to reporters' questions: "Was I satisfied with Governor Perry's explanation about the name of the ranch where he went hunting? And I said, 'Yes I am. Next question."

that is a more acceptible answer and i applaud him on dropping the issue. i just wish his origional position on the matter had been that it was a non-issue.

forgive me if i am easily disgusted by racial fingerpointing at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom