Oil Price Per BBL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Etrade although I believe there are probably sites that offer cheaper trades. I've just been with Etrade for so many years, I don't want to change.

Now, I know nothing about trading, but I use my Etrade account more like gambling. I don't drink or smoke. I don't gamble traditionally and I have never bought a lottery ticket. But I love to watch the stock market even if it looks like the Matrix. LOL

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd recommend opening a brokerage account with Scottrade. Some companies I would start looking at are Kinder Morgan (KMI) and Continental Resources (CLR) might be early yet on Continental. I would not touch Sandridge personally. DVN is a good Company and perhaps Haliburton (HAL).
Like Dennis said, I too would hate losing other peoples money so be sure to do your own due diligence.

What are the trade fees?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to trade with Scott trade.. day trader I was.
get in Ford on opening and back out in 10 minutes when they traded for $8 a share and make 200 bucks,, head to the fishing hole.

I have an account with Farr financial now but have not traded for years, Farr is a commodities deal not stocks.
I should get back in and start playing again.. short that dang oil :)

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have shorted SD again but just didn't have the balls to short a 2 dollar stock. So I bought some praying for a pop. May still happen but I might have been better off going to Riverwind (it was the same money anyway)...

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$19.95 versus $7.00 per trade seems worthy of investigating another. You should be able to choose to have your new stock bonuses issued to your own brokerage account.

Well I guess you talked me into it. I'll get on their website and playou around some. I'll check into having the bonuses issued to another account, even though it's unlikely we will see any this year.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a TD Ameritrade (linked to my HSA), Scottrade, and E-Trade account. They are all pretty good but Scottrade seems the best, they have the cheapest trade fee and their site is pretty dang good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom