Ok LeMons Race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You probably know Doyle Allen, LUM which is Tommy Sampson big guy. Hippy Chris and many others.
@O4L
Willhoite camshafts?

I know some of them by name but never hung out with any of them.

Don Strawn ( 12$ ) was my uncle-in-law. Said he had $15,000 in the engines he used in his winged sprint cars.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@swampratt i just think with $500, a yugo. and 4.5 months, you could win Le Mans, much less leMons.

A build, if just doing one race, does seem a bit expensive though.

Found a dodge Daytona on racing junk, already built for it. I owned an 86 dodge Daytona cs turbo. Talk about not reliable. It would be fun to track though. Talk about massive torque steer though.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend just bought a mid 1990's camry for 200 bucks.
I think it has a V6 he said it walks all over the road because power steering is leaking and something disconnected or broken in the rear of the car.
I think you would like some of the things they did on this. I’d had not considered their attachment point for the wing before.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, and they fail at the bs inspection and get penalty laps :)

sounds like your group of friends should participate :)
One of our group has a 2001 turbo Passat that he bought from his BIL for $5. We replaced all the belts and hoses and he drives it from I40 and Banner road to Guthrie every day.
He jokingly offered it up. Maybe we should take him up on it!

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
back when i read Hot Rod, they always said amount u could spend was based on the year,,1999$,2008$,, so now it would be 2022$,or 2023$ when that rolls around...

Latest posts

Top Bottom