Oklahoma Army Surplus going out of business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owner is 72 and his running buddy, who was a strong force behind the store died last year.
The owner got himself a new girlfriend and wants to travel.
A big name car dealer offered him a price he couldn't refuse for the land.
Almost all employees are between 65-85 and just tired.

I didn't get that much of the story, but they did tell me the owner wanted out. The two I talked to showed they pretty down about it. Though they said a few people showed interest in buying the inventory to open up a new surplus store. I hope someone does, otherwise we would be reduced to the small one here in BA.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't get that much of the story, but they did tell me the owner wanted out. The two I talked to showed they pretty down about it. Though they said a few people showed interest in buying the inventory to open up a new surplus store. I hope someone does, otherwise we would be reduced to the small one here in BA.
I bought a machete from a US surplus store in BA that was actual GI issue. I'm in BA quite a bit and the store I bought it from is closed. Its a flower shop or something now. Where is the other?
Sadly, I loaned it to a buddy, and he lost it. Had to buy another from the one on memorial and its not GI issue.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a machete from a US surplus store in BA that was actual GI issue. I'm in BA quite a bit and the store I bought it from is closed. Its a flower shop or something now. Where is the other?
Sadly, I loaned it to a buddy, and he lost it. Had to buy another from the one on memorial and its not GI issue.

Its called Weekender Surplus. Its in that small shopping center at the corner of N. 14th st and Kenosha(71st st), right by the BA Expressway exit/entrance on 71st. The one you bought your machete from was at the corner of Lynn Lane and 71st. Its now the White River Fish Market. Forgot the name. Unless it was another one a long time ago that I don't know of.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its called Weekender Surplus. Its in that small shopping center at the corner of N. 14th st and Kenosha(71st st), right by the BA Expressway exit/entrance on 71st. The one you bought your machete from was at the corner of Lynn Lane and 71st. Its now the White River Fish Market. Forgot the name. Unless it was another one a long time ago that I don't know of.
That was it. Every time I go by, it seems a new business is in there.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see WRFM going anywhere now. That has now become the anchor store for the whole shopping center lol. I remember the surplus store that was there though, they had a pretty good selection for being a small store. I've not been to the Weekender store yet, but I've heard its not that great.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That one was also an Okla Army Surplus at one time.
Back in the day there were several Okla. Army Surpluses
39th and Memorial
71st and Lynn Lane - Keith Campbell's
38th and Peoria
11th and Harvard - now TU bookstore
Admiral between Sheridan and Memorial -which later moved to 10th and Memorial - Ken Langston's
I've still got the lighted Army Surplus sign from the admiral store in my warehouse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom