Oklahoma Is Leading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another fact for you. Parents who receive food stamps will sell those stamps for $.50 on the dollar to buy drugs and gamble. Who knows what else. So the kids suffer.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no liberal and I dont want the government to have to be anyones parent.
So step off.
I'm not suggesting a solution other than parents need to step up. The fact remains, there are still hungry children.
you are the one using Michele Obama for a reference, so you can step off.
I bet rich folks have hungery kids, because they fail to be good parents, but it is to less extent than lower SES families.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another fact for you. Parents who receive food stamps will sell those stamps for $.50 on the dollar to buy drugs and gamble. Who knows what else. So the kids suffer.
that does not mean we should start another social welfare program, unless you are a liberal.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard mention of all those kids who come from families who can't afford lunch money for whatever reason. A hungry child will be more disruptive or a problem and can not learn.
The reason OKC public schools began cancelling classes on the coldest days is because of how many elementary school children don't have proper Winter coats that were exposed to the weather while waiting at the bus stop.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason OKC public schools began cancelling classes on the coldest days is because of how many elementary school children don't have proper Winter coats that were exposed to the weather while waiting at the bus stop.
do those same kids have smart phones?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why arent they cutting these funds when the schools need it. Im sorry but the votechs are neat and all but none of the certificates I got there earned me anything.... There were a few classes that actually were worth a darn for like mechanics and stuff but yeah not every thing they teach there translates very well to college credits or training that employers like.

My son graduated from Vo Tech with an Aviation degree and later an A/P license. He has been at Tinker now 16 years. Recently got his BBA from SNU.

I got a Auto Mechanics degree from Mid Del (didn't have Aviation program then) years ago and went on to college. Never used it. I went on to get a BBA in Business from CSU.

Latest posts

Top Bottom