Oklahoma private gun sales???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv never seen so much fear from selling gun.
I guess because they purchased from an ffl or have a ccl they are law bidding. No such thing as a bad guy purchasing a gun legally then using it illegallyšŸ˜‚
Down here where Iā€™m at we have what ya call the dog trade! You NEVER know what youā€™ll get. Guns come in all flavors and prices. I purchased an sig 1911 for $100. Not stolen
Purchased a Taurus g3 for $150 turns out it was stolen. I didnt get a charge they just took and I was out $150. I purchased a couple 10/22s for $100 each There currently a mini 14 for $350. I havenā€™t got it yet but I will.
I guess we need to start getting this placeā€¦. Some of You knuckleheads vote so far left you type blue
I guess if your to scared to sell then when you do you claim it on your taxes?
It has nothing to do with fear and more to do with common sense. Iā€™ve been buying and selling guns for most of my life, and the world today isnā€™t the same as it was 10 or 15 years ago. A CHL doesnā€™t show the guy isnā€™t a criminal, but it does show he can pass a background check. I absolutely donā€™t want to be responsible for selling a gun to a felon, and I feel like asking for a CHL gets me off the hook.
If you donā€™t care who buys your chit, thatā€™s on you, but donā€™t make fun of people trying to do the responsible thing.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with fear and more to do with common sense. Iā€™ve been buying and selling guns for most of my life, and the world today isnā€™t the same as it was 10 or 15 years ago. A CHL doesnā€™t show the guy isnā€™t a criminal, but it does show he can pass a background check. I absolutely donā€™t want to be responsible for selling a gun to a felon, and I feel like asking for a CHL gets me off the hook.
If you donā€™t care who buys your chit, thatā€™s on you, but donā€™t make fun of people trying to do the responsible thing.
As long as you feel ok I support you

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv never seen so much fear from selling gun.
Iā€™m not telling you whatā€™s right or wrong, just my understanding of whatā€™s gonna keep you out of Club Fed.

As a friend of mine put it, that (at the time) $10,000 fine doesnā€™t bother me so much as that ten years in jail ****.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can sell them to anyone, but if theyā€™re not an Oklahoma resident, they have to go through an FFL, just like a handgun. The difference is that an Oklahoma FFL can transfer a long gun directly to an out of state buyer, whereas a handgun has to go through an FFL in the buyerā€™s state of residence. (The Oklahoma FFL being able to transfer a long gun to a non-Oklahoma resident is dependent on the laws in the buyerā€™s state of residence, though.
Thank you for that.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't find any straight answers online about Oklahoma private gun sales. One site says I have to "verify" the buyer IS NOT a felon.

Another says the only restriction is I have to verify the buyer is over 18.

A third site says in Oklahoma you can sell to ANYONE and it's THEIR responsibility to be a legal buyer.

Oh and then I read where the ATF says if you sell too many guns you have to get an FFL? I tried to find out how many is too many. ATF regs don't give an amount, just says if you sell "TOO MANY"

Oh and the ATF says if you make a profit you're a dealer? Well, sometimes you make a little, sometimes you lose a little and sometimes you break even. Does that mean you're a dealer?

Aside from guesses and opinions does anyone know any definitive answers?

My buddy wont sell even ONE gun because he is afraid the ATF will come banging on his door and twist it into an illegal sale. I've seen vids where they come calling wanting to look at your guns, I'm guessing they damn well have a list of every gun you bought with a background check and whatever is missing they will say you sold it and your now an unlicensed dealer!

In the course of a year I buy a couple, sell a couple, and trade a couple. Does that make me a dealer? Seems like everything is intentionally a grey area to confuse you. Ol Matt Hoover from CSR on YouTube is doing TEN YEARS for selling a flat piece of metal the size of a credit card with some lines printed on it. Supposedly if you cut out where the lines are you can make your Glock full auto? At trial the prosecution followed the cut out and it wouldn't work...he's still doing the dime though. My head is spinning.

I've seen a couple people on here say the ATF monitors this site. If that's the case we're all safe then cuz I don't think anyone ever ACTUALLY buys a gun here or sells one....
Good grief, go sell to a gunshop and just dont do private purchases or sales. People in Oklahoma have sold, purchased, and traded more firearms than anyone could even remotely estimate and the only people serving a dime or any timeā€¦. Are idiots who committed crimes with a firearm or fell for a UC op and tried to buy a sawed off shotgun or full auto capable firearm. None of which Ive ever encountered nor found to be a case by several career OK LEOs

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as you feel ok I support you
Thank you so much for the sentiment. I feel pretty good , my ankle that I broke a few years ago is still causing me some pain, and my neck that I broke in two places is causing some concern, I broke that in a backyard rodeo with a young stud horse. I guess it's fair to say it was an alcohol related incident, but getting back to this gun thing, the Fed gov. can financially destroy you while you're trying to prove you were trying to do the right thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom