Oklahoma private gun sales???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that Oklahoma LEOs are not allowed to run legally carried guns, but I vaguely recall some PD or another offering to check serial numbers to make sure the guns aren’t stolen property. But I could be pulling Tampon Tim on that memory.
20 yrs ago I had a kinda shady looking guy come to a yard sale where I had some holsters and ammo but no guns. He looked around then asked if I wanted to buy a pistol. It was a very good price and I hesitated for a minute then I thought "hell I've probably bought several hot guns over the years and never even knew it". So I bought it but later on I decided to give it to my son as a gift. I sure didn't wanna give him a hot gun so I asked a LEO buddy if he could run a check for me, he did, it wasn't hot. I was a bit surprised but I have never heard it was not allowed. Seems kinda like a public service. I always thought pawn shops had access to a "hot gun" data base but my local pawn shop said nope, they just roll the dice.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 yrs ago I had a kinda shady looking guy come to a yard sale where I had some holsters and ammo but no guns. He looked around then asked if I wanted to buy a pistol. It was a very good price and I hesitated for a minute then I thought "hell I've probably bought several hot guns over the years and never even knew it". So I bought it but later on I decided to give it to my son as a gift. I sure didn't wanna give him a hot gun so I asked a LEO buddy if he could run a check for me, he did, it wasn't hot. I was a bit surprised but I have never heard it was not allowed. Seems kinda like a public service. I always thought pawn shops had access to a "hot gun" data base but my local pawn shop said nope, they just roll the dice.
Thank you Father

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My private messaģes saved from members on this forum to me over the last few years gives me a list of people I might be inclined to do some metal barter with and all are fine upstanding lowlifes I probably should know better than to hang out with but what momma don't know........should I ever need to verify where some unknown piece of steel was now or came to me from, but then I am old and memory slippin daily

BearSitsInTheWoods

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve asked a cop before and his response was no they don’t do that when a private purchase. I’ll give the name and town if any interest.
Most recently on an unrelated note had someone hit my pickup in the Bixby police parking lot. When I called and asked if they would review their cameras the woman sounding voice on the other end said that they don’t do that. I said you don’t investigate hit and runs?
The thin blue line is a gang symbol plain and simple and folks should be mad over this gang defacing our flag.
I’m not saying defund at all, but flying our flag with a blue line should not be allowed. Pile on OSA.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that Oklahoma LEOs are not allowed to run legally carried guns, but I vaguely recall some PD or another offering to check serial numbers to make sure the guns aren’t stolen property. But I could be pulling Tampon Tim on that memory.
But since we are constitutional carry, aren't all guns legally carried?

BearSitsInTheWoods

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But since we are constitutional carry, aren't all guns legally carried?
Constitutionally should be. How is this so confusing? All fire arms, anything that goes bang our constitutional founders said is our birth right. Baby boomers and half a generation before is how we got here. If the local ******** police department can have a full auto you should to. **** really is black and white why muddy the waters. We will keep losing our rights little by little just as the founders predicted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom