OMG!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We started in on cleaning out our daughters house today. We only managed to get her jewelry and clean out her frig. The frig was the worst part. Many of you know we have had some tough times and growing up there were a few times we went hungry. Imagine that and having to throw out unopened food from 2 years ago back to 2008, Backstrap, rib-eyes, filets, and many others. Venison, beef, pork and chicken.

Her father was always sending her stuff and I guess she did not eat a lot of it. I hauled out 6 kitchen size trash bags just of expired stuff from her freezer. Sad. Some of the steaks were a lovely shade of green.

Tomorrow we start on her deep freeze and canned goods. :P

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother has saved everything she has ever bought or been given over the past 68 years. Fortunately, she has everything in containers stored in the attic and detached garage and attic. Us siblings know the end results and will make short work of it. Sad thing is there is no value to it other than the plastic containers. She keeps her house immaculate which is the opposite of a hoarder.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had green meat in a freezer. Sounds like the freezer wasn't working right. Freezer burn ,yes, but never green.
Lots of freezer burn too. Her deep freeze went out about a year ago and I do not think she caught it for several days before she moved it into the house freezer/frig. That may be where the green came from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom