One of the Best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20+ years of previous experience in the food service industry, even a 2 year stint at Bennigans (the inspiration for the movie) when I was 18 and I never saw anything remotely close to that. While I find that movie hilarious and extremely accurate, THAT part was not.
I’m just starting small brush fires………………………..

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not down with the "No food going back" or I never send food back" thing. If you don't course correct, then it will never change and that's all on you. Complaining about a problem at a restaurant on OSA because you didn't fix it and let it go is kinda funny. That's like shooting yourself in the foot and saying "F'in gun!, I'm never buying this brand again!"

If I'm paying a couple Jacksons for a meal, then they are gonna cook it the way I want it. I'm not paying for just a piece of meat, or the "ambulance". I'm paying for a service and a piece of their reputation. If I just wanna chunk of meat, I'll go to the butcher or Sam's.
Beside, who eats a steak medium? That's like a food crime. Medium Rare or Rare.

I've been to a couple "steakhouse" recommendations posted on this forum by Cattlemen's haters, and they sucked ass. I've learned that any recommendation for a "steakhouse", and the recommending party poopoos Cattlemen's, then the steaks are probably overpriced, over salted crap. It's a steak, not salted cod. They're fake fancy too.
These people want to pretend Gordon Ramsey and grab a bunch of salt from a bowl and throw it everywhere because they saw it on food network. Stupid.
Most places cook medium closer to the medium rare side. So if you order a medium rare steak and it comes out rare and you send it back the chef may have the last laugh and thats on you. LMAO

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most places cook medium closer to the medium rare side. So if you order a medium rare steak and it comes out rare and you send it back the chef may have the last laugh and thats on you. LMAO

Eh, that's more internet lore than anything. In the business that situation is called a "cook up," happens all the time because a lot of Oklahomans think Rare looks like Med Rare or even medium. It's not that big of a deal and happens with some frequency.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I go in and order a steak medium well it should be close, not chewy and bleeding. Also should not be over done, I am pay for a good meal and good service. Prime is not a cut of meat It is how the beef is finished in feeding, if not enough marbling it is not prime and will not taste the same. I like mine cooked over mesquite fire. If it is not right the manager is going to hear about it.

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Not most, some. I don't order medium rare or complain about a medium rare that's rare. That's how it's supposed to be. What kind of real steak eater would send back a rare steak? Gibberish I think you're reaching to be able to say "it's on you". Lol. Enjoy your salty medium brown piece of meat, bleh

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not most, some. I don't order medium rare or complain about a medium rare that's rare. That's how it's supposed to be. What kind of real steak eater would send back a rare steak? Gibberish I think you're reaching to be able to say "it's on you". Lol. Enjoy your salty medium brown piece of meat, bleh
I always tell the waitress/waiter to tell the chef medium rare and if you miss your mark miss it on rare side. Cattlemens has never miss the mark. Lots of other places have but not there.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So most places cook steaks toward the more cooked side so they can cook you another steak to get it right cause yall are getting your steak done right. LMAO

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont even know what this means? Prime as in a cut?
I have never ate at cattleman’s, by looking at the plate most of it is frozen, that tells a lot about the steak. Then again we eat our own beef and grow most of vegetables.
prime is the name of a restuarant. nothing at cattlemans is frozen

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I go in and order a steak medium well it should be close, not chewy and bleeding. Also should not be over done, I am pay for a good meal and good service. Prime is not a cut of meat It is how the beef is finished in feeding, if not enough marbling it is not prime and will not taste the same. I like mine cooked over mesquite fire. If it is not right the manager is going to hear about it.
if you order a steak medium well you should be tossed out of the restaurant

Latest posts

Top Bottom