One of the Best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never ate at any of these places, if a place advertises that it has quality or amazing food, for me I look at the quality of the vegetables first. Frozen, precut, canned?
Then the salad- if they use iceberg lettuce and claim they have quality better get up and leave.

I don't think they would have been around for 100 years if they use frozen. I go for the steak, not veggies, but always order baked potato.

Yeah, anything home grown is better....

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time we went, my wife had a bug of some sort come crawling out of her salad, definitely sent that back.

The house dressing doesn’t quite taste like it use to, the rolls also. All I’ve ever ate there were the rib eyes, they were’t terrible, but there was very little marbling.
Frozen food?
Out of curiosity do all the steaks look alike? If so they may be trimmed and glued together for uniformity. 🤨

Reaction score
Las Vegas is where I had the best steak of my life. I can't remember the name, but it was super classy and the steak was a hunk sized between a baseball and softball. Literally the best steak you can imagine.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not down with the "No food going back" or “I never send food back" thing. If you don't course correct, then it will never change and that's all on you. Complaining about a problem at a restaurant on OSA because you didn't fix it and let it go is kinda funny. That's like shooting yourself in the foot and saying "F'in gun!, I'm never buying this brand again!"

If I'm paying a couple Jacksons for a meal, then they are gonna cook it the way I want it. I'm not paying for just a piece of meat, or the "ambulance". I'm paying for a service and a piece of their reputation. If I just wanna chunk of meat, I'll go to the butcher or Sam's.
Beside, who eats a steak medium? That's like a food crime. Medium Rare or Rare.

I've been to a couple "steakhouse" recommendations posted on this forum by Cattlemen's haters, and they sucked ass. I've learned that any recommendation for a "steakhouse", and the recommending party poopoos Cattlemen's, then the steaks are probably overpriced, over salted crap. It's a steak, not salted cod. They're fake fancy too.
These people want to pretend Gordon Ramsey and grab a bunch of salt from a bowl and throw it everywhere because they saw it on food network. Stupid.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, watch the movie, Waiting. 🤮

20+ years of previous experience in the food service industry, even a 2 year stint at Bennigans (the inspiration for the movie) when I was 18 and I never saw anything remotely close to that. While I find that movie hilarious and extremely accurate, THAT part was not.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not down with the "No food going back" or I never send food back" thing. If you don't course correct, then it will never change and that's all on you. Complaining about a problem at a restaurant on OSA because you didn't fix it and let it go is kinda funny. That's like shooting yourself in the foot and saying "F'in gun!, I'm never buying this brand again!"

If I'm paying a couple Jacksons for a meal, then they are gonna cook it the way I want it. I'm not paying for just a piece of meat, or the "ambulance". I'm paying for a service and a piece of their reputation. If I just wanna chunk of meat, I'll go to the butcher or Sam's.
Beside, who eats a steak medium? That's like a food crime. Medium Rare or Rare.

I've been to a couple "steakhouse" recommendations posted on this forum by Cattlemen's haters, and they sucked ass. I've learned that any recommendation for a "steakhouse", and the recommending party poopoos Cattlemen's, then the steaks are probably overpriced, over salted crap. It's a steak, not salted cod. They're fake fancy too.
These people want to pretend Gordon Ramsey and grab a bunch of salt from a bowl and throw it everywhere because they saw it on food network. Stupid.
I give restaurants 2 chances. I for their reputation and food. First impressions are very big with me. If they cannot get it right the first time, first visit, for me that says a lot. I do not send it back or complain and and just simply eat it. I will go back a second time, if it’s correct then I’ll come back, if it’s wrong I’ll get up and leave.
I do not like a steak from a skillet. Gas grilled steak is ok, the taste is bland. Prefer it cooked over a hot hickory, oak or pecan wood fire for a minute and half on each side. I want to hear it moo while chewing and blood on the plate- cool/room temp center.
I can cook you a raccoon or rattlesnake over fire that’ll melt in your mouth. So my taste may be a little different than y’alls.

Then again I rarely go out to eat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom