open carry concern and question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but should it be required by law. That is the question!

It's not a question, because it has been answered. That amendment was put forward, but it was defeated. Carry in a belt or shoulder holster, and you are legal. Use whatever type of holster that meets those requirements, and carry on.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I just missed it or something. I had a conversation with a guy yesterday and he indicated that current CWL holders will have to get an "endorsement" and attend additional training to be able to OC. I don't see that anywhere in the new law. Is he correct or will current and future holder's be able to just OC? Anyone else know or have heard this?

Your guy apparently hasn't read the law. Any current SDA license holder will be able to open carry or concealed carry, once SB1733 goes into effect on November 1.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You seem quick to label someone an idiot because they are allowed to make a simple personal choice. I know seat belts save lives but I dont want the law stopping me to see if I have it on.
I grew up riding in the back of dads truck a lot, with no restraint...I lived.
But then again I drank from the water hose often too.

I agree with someone being able to make personal choices. However, I would question the intelligence of someone that sits down in a car with seatbelts and doesn't put one on.

I would also hope people aren't letting their kids ride without seatbelts.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's not a question, because it has been answered. That amendment was put forward, but it was defeated. Carry in a belt or shoulder holster, and you are legal. Use whatever type of holster that meets those requirements, and carry on.

I wasn't saying it hasn't been answered. It was the question that had been raised in the thread. I agree it has been answered. And I agree with the answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom