Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The meltdown commentary on the tulsaworld.com news article about OC is comedy gold, as usual. People STILL think it's going to turn into the wild west and we'll have blood running in the streets. You know, the same people who said concealed carry was going to do the same thing?

Dave70968

In Remembrance 2024
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO what I said was some cities in MO write laws that overrule the state's law. In MO cities are allowed to do that.

And I kind of like that. Real conservatives feel that towns and counties should make the bulk of the laws... as the people who live in those towns vote locally on those issues

The down side is passing through is a pain- it's not like they put a sign at the city limits to tell you what they decided.
It was a glib, and apparently inartful, phrasing; it should probably have been "so what you're saying is that some in the 'show me' state don't mean it."

As to conservatism and home rule, I generally agree with keeping government local, but I don't care how local you keep it, you still don't get to infringe upon basic rights. Even a town of two has no right to pass a "no darkies" or "no Muslims" rule.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a glib, and apparently inartful, phrasing; it should probably have been "so what you're saying is that some in the 'show me' state don't mean it."

As to conservatism and home rule, I generally agree with keeping government local, but I don't care how local you keep it, you still don't get to infringe upon basic rights. Even a town of two has no right to pass a "no darkies" or "no Muslims" rule.

Sorry babe...my glib-o-meter is broke. That's the nice thing about America- if you don't like the 'hood...you can move.

:friday:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the anti-gun people start talking about the OK corral, Blood in the Street.. and how we should leave law enforcement & public safety to the police.... I like to point out that the Earp brothers were crooked Law Enforcement officers involved in prostitution & gambling. It usually shuts the nay-sayers up fast! They just kind of spit & sputter!

Last edited:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find all this funny. These people I guess don't know that we already carry guns. They are scared because the can see them now? It's like playing peek a boo with my 16 month old son, guess if they can't see it, must not really be there! It's a tool, simple as that. Might be wrong, but I would guess a lot more people die in car accidents than gun battles in the streets.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I will be in the market for another UZI. I am going with this setup.
chuck-norris-donates-blood-alot-but-its-never-his-thumb.jpg

C

Clay

I got this second hand off FB:

"When I spoke with Gov. Fallon's secretary, she informed me that the bill currently is in Gov. Fallon's office for review and signing, so Gov. Fallon does currently have the bill in her possession".

Light up her phone asking for support of this bill. Mary Fallins office: (405) 521-2342

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's time for me to drag out my old "Tackleberry" S&W model 629.

J/K. I will OC on a regular basis just because it's more comfortable. I will also use some ettiquite when doing though.
Common sense would dictate a more practicle carry mode in some settings.
Gentlemen should exercise polite carry when attending garden parties and tupperware functions.
Me having a WallyWorld march isn't going to happen. I hate that place.

I will enjoy my trips back & forth to my farm a lot more now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom