Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Clay

I guess according to the police that when a criminal shoots someone the criminal will just holster there weapon in their waistband and then wait for the police to arrive. Give me a break. No wonder we want to carry our weapons. If the police are this stupid they wouldn't be able to protect us anyway.
Your a short timmer here.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scott, I guarantee those type of people will quickly tire of the "novelty" and being refused entrance to many places.If you look at other states that have OC you don't see large numbers of people exercising the right.

OC with a quality holster like Galco makes for example, have a magazine carrier on your other hip and I seriously doubt if anyone in any business will ever say a word to you unless they've posted the premises. People see what they want to see and don't see what they don't want to see.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sometime ago I was in a restaurant in Enid when a group of gentlemen wearing nice sports jackets and trousedrs came in and were seated at a table next to me. Before sitting a couple of them removed their jackets revealing handguns on their belts. Not one person said anything that I noticed. No one got up and left and no one died. I would assume that most folks there took them for plainclothes police officers. They could have been well dressed gangsters for all I know. The point is that nothing happened. Everyone just continued eating their meal.

Michael

C

Clay

Sometime ago I was in a restaurant in Enid when a group of gentlemen wearing nice sports jackets and trousedrs came in and were seated at a table next to me. Before sitting a couple of them removed their jackets revealing handguns on their belts. Not one person said anything that I noticed. No one got up and left and no one died. I would assume that most folks there took them for plainclothes police officers. They could have been well dressed gangsters for all I know. The point is that nothing happened. Everyone just continued eating their meal.

Michael
I have seen this same thing before as well at Quiznos on SE 13th durring lunch.

electriccowboy

Marksman
Reaction score

Michael

MLR that was more then likely our friendly OSBI officers or any of the state or Enid police detectives. ;) Its nice to know they are around. :)

I for one have never understood the panic at a holstered firearm. :thumb:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be upset with anyone I saw packing a Judge. I had one. Shot spreads out so fast, how are you going to engage someone in public with that thing without risking hitting everyone within a 45 degree angle of you?

+1 w/ armdlibral... .45 long Colt or a 2 1/2" .410 slug. I would certainly not carry one.. but it just surprised me that someone hadn't even joked about it. That would be a lot of firepower.

And, the Winchester PDX1 rounds don't spread as much as you would think. I shot some from my American Derringer. When chambered, you only have approx a 1/2" of barrel out past the tip of the shell. I was shooting a target at 15 feet. The 3 wafers hit dead center of the silhouette in a 3" triangle pattern.. and the pellets hit inside a 10" circle around the wafer strikes. I thought that was darn good for a derringer.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was discussing open carry with someone at a police supply store in Lawton today and question came up that I thought was interesting....

Here is a hypothetical scenerio.... Open Carry is passed and it is legal to show your firearm in public... but you are carrying fully concealed. Now suppose your confronted in a Walmart parking lot [or some place else] by a punk or even a couple of punks that is giving you mouth.. threatening to kick you A$$. If you sweep back your shirt or vest and simply show that you are wearing a weapon... not verbally pointing it out or making any kind of threat, not even touching the weapon.. just showing your weapon as if you were legally open carrying.... would that be considered brandishing a weapon?

I said I thought that would be considered brandishing.. because it could be interpreted that you only showed it for the purpose of intimidation.. others disagree.... what do you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom