Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David2012 said:
I was discussing open carry with someone at a police supply store in Lawton today and question came up that I thought was interesting....

Here is a hypothetical scenerio.... Open Carry is passed and it is legal to show your firearm in public... but you are carrying fully concealed. Now suppose your confronted in a Walmart parking lot [or some place else] by a punk or even a couple of punks that is giving you mouth.. threatening to kick you A$$. If you sweep back your shirt or vest and simply show that you are wearing a weapon... not verbally pointing it out or making any kind of threat, not even touching the weapon.. just showing your weapon as if you were legally open carrying.... would that be considered brandishing a weapon?

I said I thought that would be considered brandishing.. because it could be interpreted that you only showed it for the purpose of intimidation.. others disagree.... what do you think?

Good question. Not sure the legal answer? My answer, I have no control over the wind :)

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody that just "shows" their gun in that situation is a douche. You better be ready to shoot if you make a move for your weapon. Who knows, the other douche in the equation may call your bluff and put YOU down

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know about brandishing ...but if you skin that smokewagon ( I know what you said)...YOU have elevated the threat level.......if it gets to that point and they run off in the split seconds between drawing and firing....thats good ...Im NOT threatening ...anyone

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Open carry is stupid IMHO. Not requiring some type of retention holster and weapon retention training is irresponsible.
This would leave many of us who support open carry but only intend to carry concealed out in the cold. If my non retention concealed carry holster accidentally becomes exposed I would be committing a crime. If after taking off my cover garment I decide to go out and get the mail I would be committing a crime.
This would put us in the position of having to find retention holsters for concealed carry.

Ne we do not need any restrictions on honest citizens. Instead lets put harsh penalties on anyone who attempts to grab a weapon being openly carried by another individual. I believe losing their hand for a first offense would work. Then we could increase the penalty from there if they didn't learn the first time.

Michael

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would leave many of us who support open carry but only intend to carry concealed out in the cold. If my non retention concealed carry holster accidentally becomes exposed I would be committing a crime. If after taking off my cover garment I decide to go out and get the mail I would be committing a crime.
This would put us in the position of having to find retention holsters for concealed carry.

Ne we do not need any restrictions on honest citizens. Instead lets put harsh penalties on anyone who attempts to grab a weapon being openly carried by another individual. I believe losing their hand for a first offense would work. Then we could increase the penalty from there if they didn't learn the first time.

Michael
Believe me Ill be trying to remove that hand ... ;)

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry is stupid IMHO. Not requiring some type of retention holster and weapon retention training is irresponsible.

I'm glad you are not a legislator or anyone else that might have an influence on this bill. Maybe you should should send your thoughts to all of the state newspapers. I'm positive they would handle your position correctly. Not that it would do much good but send your response to some border state newspapers as well.

PS: you are wrong on this and any effort you expend is a waste of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom