Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATTENTION: As far as I know, this is a link to copy of the engrossed Senate version of SB1733 that is going to Gov. Fallin for her signature.

It should have all the SDA changes in it...

http://www.oklegislature.gov/tomshell.aspx

If the link doesn't take you directly to the text, then click on Senate, 2012 Regular Session and engrossed-- then click the search box. In the next window.. scan down the list and find SB1733. That will pull up the engrossed text of SB1733

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well as I orginally suspected the only reason most people wanted this law is so you could go around and flash your firearm. Its not about "getting rights back" or "better to defend myself. Its all about bling and showing off. well have fun. I guarantee the novelty wears off soon. And the stores will get tired of seeing it and put up signs so you cant go in open carrying. Show a little restraint please.

Wow... relax man. These guys are all joking about their hoglegs and drop holsters.

As for me, I'll be going belt slide for the most part, either 3-4 o'clock, or small of the back. 90+% of the time I'm wearing a shirt untucked so it won't show much, but I will be very glad not to worry about showing when I reach for something.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well as I orginally suspected the only reason most people wanted this law is so you could go around and flash your firearm. Its not about "getting rights back" or "better to defend myself. Its all about bling and showing off. well have fun. I guarantee the novelty wears off soon. And the stores will get tired of seeing it and put up signs so you cant go in open carrying. Show a little restraint please.

Scott, I guarantee those type of people will quickly tire of the "novelty" and being refused entrance to many places.If you look at other states that have OC you don't see large numbers of people exercising the right.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow... relax man. These guys are all joking about their hoglegs and drop holsters.

As for me, I'll be going belt slide for the most part, either 3-4 o'clock, or small of the back. 90+% of the time I'm wearing a shirt untucked so it won't show much, but I will be very glad not to worry about showing when I reach for something.

+1 for me.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Folks are just kidding...can't you tell? Like in every other state that has OC (all 40+ of them), there may be some OC in rural areas but there will be none in the cities or even the smaller urban centers. Occasionally you may see someone carry, but the whole point anyway is to make folks comfortable around weapons as being tools that need to be treated with care, but still just tools. You know...like lawn mowers, or SUVs.
:)

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just noticed someting on Page 42 of the engrossed verson of SB1733.. SDA.... dealing with Police notification...

It still reads that you must notify the officer when first coming into contact with a Law Enforcement Officer ... not at first opportunity. That may need correcting before the Governors Signature.

Think I'll fire off a e-mail to Sen. Sykes and point this out.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw Miles Hall from H&H on News 9 talking about Open Carry.
On Monday, News 9 will do a story from a state that already has Open Carry.. to show people some of what they can expect .. like when eatig in a resuraunt....so set your DVR's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom