Open message to everyone who says "I would like to try shooting a match"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to start going to matches as well. I went to the wounded warrior charity shoot and it was a blast.(even though i did terrible) I just feel like i have no idea what would be my next step to go again.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can honestly say that no one cares how you shoot, or what your ability level is. If (when) you screw up, dont feel bad, dont feel like youve embarrassed yourself, because honestly, I dont care!

This is a fun sport, fun event where hopefully you are learning a little about your shooting, learning important safety skills, and getting better with your overall gun handling skills.
When it comes down to it, its a personal, individual match. No one will look down on you, and while some of the better shooters (and some that think theyre good ;)) will brag a little, its all in fun and not many people take themselves seriously. If you see anyone that does, its their problem; not yours!

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well put my friend.

I can honestly say that no one cares how you shoot, or what your ability level is. If (when) you screw up, dont feel bad, dont feel like youve embarrassed yourself, because honestly, I dont care!

This is a fun sport, fun event where hopefully you are learning a little about your shooting, learning important safety skills, and getting better with your overall gun handling skills.
When it comes down to it, its a personal, individual match. No one will look down on you, and while some of the better shooters (and some that think theyre good ;)) will brag a little, its all in fun and not many people take themselves seriously. If you see anyone that does, its their problem; not yours!

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Golden advice here.

If you're not competing or taking classes on a regular basis (high volume shooting with the intent of becoming better), you are missing out on the greatest things the freedom to own firearms gives us.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's also the perfect environment to put your gear through it's paces to make sure it will work like to think it will when the chips are down. A great many shooters at matches have learned that it doesn't always work as intended. :)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were in OKC, without a doubt the Carry Match at Heartland Outdoors. Third Sunday of each month

+1!!!

We are having an extra match at Heartland on the fifth Sunday this month but it's limited to the first 30 shooters. We had 39 laststch so jump over to the Heartland thread and sign up with am I'll be there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom