Open message to everyone who says "I would like to try shooting a match"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better format more exciting with low light, a bazooka, a grenade, and a possible throwing star or two.

Just kidding about the weapons but it will be different format slightly with a cap on number of shooters. I think I have the score sheets figured out now too so we should be good to go.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having always been a shotgunner, and rifleman,all of my life, I didn't have much to do with pistols except for a .22 auto to hunt rabbits, and a .44 mag revolver to hunt deer.
Finally picked up a junky Kimber to perforate my burn barrels like Jefpainthorse suggested.

Joined our local range in Ponca.
One day while going out to sight in a new load in a rifle, the IPSC guys were setting up stages so I stopped, and asked about the rules, etc.

They said to come out and watch the match, but be sure to bring something to shoot.
So, showed up, and never looked back. We really have a fun bunch of folks to shoot with. Some are really good, and I bring up the bottom of the pack on occasion, but who cares? My main goal, as has been said, was to run my gun, and see what can happen in a rapid fire situation.
All of this has introduced a progressive loader and lots of new equipment to the safe, and loading bench.:D
Kind of gets addictive:D

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally picked up a junky Kimber to perforate my burn barrels like Jefpainthorse suggested.

That is some funny **** right there! I always wondered what Kimbers were good for.

Kind of gets addictive:D
Uh yeah!!! Trust me it would have been cheaper and better for my home life to have become addicted to meth.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have recently been the guy saying that I wanted to start shooting at matches, and thanks to the support from the members on another gun forum, they have helped me to make the decision that it is something that I really should do. So I WILL be at the match at heartland on the 30th of this month, and hopefully I will be at all of the ones after

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well he needs to lean how to hit the center of the target before he just starts hosing at target arrays! :D

I resemble that remark!

I've actually wanted to try IDPA, but there's nothing in my neck of the woods and there's just too much good USPSA going on. That and Jesse would make fun of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom