OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sfsun.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2009 saw us take a two week vacation to Colorado and we stayed at Sportsman's Campground NW of Pagosa Springs. Between the campground and Pagosa Springs the Piedra River runs through and there is a trailhead very near where the river meets the road. I didn't have any kind of "step counter" to use, so I have no idea of how far down the river we hiked, although I would guess something like 2 to 4 miles.

The rock overhang over the fisherman is part of what is called the Piedra River Bluffs. We hiked part of that at one point as well.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard to envision it, but these two devices are nuclear engines that were designed to be used in bombers. It's hard to notice their function, largely because of the metal framework that is holding the two devices. Supposedly, these engines could be removed and put into another bomber.

These are located at the Experimental Breeder Reactor - 1 (EBR-1), which was the world's first nuclear generating plant. EBR-1 is located south and east of Arco, Idaho. A cousin of my wife decided that we ought to go see EBR-1 because he had always wanted to go, but his wife wouldn't have been interested. (His wife was learning how to use her embroidery machine from my wife and her middle sister.) That made it easy for the two of us to go see Idaho attractions.

Perhaps this image can show the basic engine that would have been used in the bombers. However, while they were tested, they never were put into an airplane.

Last edited:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes, they take the Ferry's out there!
You misspelled "fairies" 🤣

But on another note, I got home from a decent but cold and windy day at work, and immediately went next door and worked on my parents' central heat unit. The "intermittent pilot ignition control" module was having issues for a few weeks, and then finally quit. They ordered a new one from Amazon and it came in today. Took me a few tries to figure out the wiring layout since the new one was different than this old one, but seems to be working now. Good deal too, since we're supposed to be in the teens for lows by Sunday.
20231228_171402.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't take many black and white photos, but I thought this one turned out cool. We stayed a week in Crawford, CO a few years, and this rock formation is called Needle Rock. It was just a couple miles out the back door of the AirBNB we stayed at. I must say I enjoyed that part of CO, damn shame what the overlords are doing to that state!
20190722_190057-EFFECTS.jpg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks,
Just getting in from work and sat down to watch the Alamo bowl. OU is having a rough night so far against Arizona.
Wife and I are packing up tomorrow to hear to Dallas for our annual 9 day work convention. It’s the United Country Western Dance Council World Championships (UCWDC). We have 13 students competing and 8 of them defending their World championships. The wife and I will be Dancing/competing with them Sunday thru Wednesday and then judging Thursday thru Sunday. Busy time but it will be fun.
In addition to all the competing, the wife and I were honored to be named the Captains of the USA Team match this past March. We had to put together a top notch team of professional dancers to go again Team Canada and Team Europe and Team Asia. Hopefully Team USA will kick all their a$$es.
I am also being awarded “The Pioneer Award“ by the UCWDC next Saturday night. I am super hyped and honored to be receiving this award. Other than the fact it makes me feel really old. LOL!

Wishing Everyone a safe and prosperous New Year!

Latest posts

Top Bottom