OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks,
Just getting in from work and sat down to watch the Alamo bowl. OU is having a rough night so far against Arizona.
Wife and I are packing up tomorrow to hear to Dallas for our annual 9 day work convention. It’s the United Country Western Dance Council World Championships (UCWDC). We have 13 students competing and 8 of them defending their World championships. The wife and I will be Dancing/competing with them Sunday thru Wednesday and then judging Thursday thru Sunday. Busy time but it will be fun.
In addition to all the competing, the wife and I were honored to be named the Captains of the USA Team match this past March. We had to put together a top notch team of professional dancers to go again Team Canada and Team Europe and Team Asia. Hopefully Team USA will kick all their a$$es.
I am also being awarded “The Pioneer Award“ by the UCWDC next Saturday night. I am super hyped and honored to be receiving this award. Other than the fact it makes me feel really old. LOL!

Wishing Everyone a safe and prosperous New Year!
Very Cool !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 F-250 gasser put up a check engine light yesterday. Put my reader on it and it showed the oil pressure sensor had high voltage. Cleared it and it came back.
I suspected a bad sensor as the oil gauge on the dash showed normal. Took it in to the dealer and got a call today.
Apparently, a rodent has crawled into the engine compartment and went to town eating a wiring harness. The dealer has the harness in stock and will replace it tomorrow. $1100 dollars later I can pick it up. The labor is the killer.
I'm going to turn the area where the truck is parked into a toxic waste land of rodent poison.
Country living sometimes has it's drawbacks.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally believe it.
When we lived in Germany back in the 70’s. My dad was in the Air Force, Stationed at Ramstein AFB but worked on Baumholder Army post. He went to get into our yellow Fiat one day after work and turned the key and plum of smoke cam billowing out from under the hood. I remember him telling us that a rat had crawled into the engine somehow to get out of the cold. It had burrowed in and ate most of the ignition wires. Evidentially, it did so much damage we had to get another vehicle because of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally believe it.
When we lived in Germany back in the 70’s. My dad was in the Air Force, Stationed at Ramstein AFB but worked on Baumholder Army post. He went to get into our yellow Fiat one day after work and turned the key and plum of smoke cam billowing out from under the hood. I remember him telling us that a rat had crawled into the engine somehow to get out of the cold. It had burrowed in and ate most of the ignition wires. Evidentially, it did so much damage we had to get another vehicle because of it.
I've read that the insulation on automotive wiring is soy based. It's tasty to rodents.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks,
Just getting in from work and sat down to watch the Alamo bowl. OU is having a rough night so far against Arizona.
Wife and I are packing up tomorrow to hear to Dallas for our annual 9 day work convention. It’s the United Country Western Dance Council World Championships (UCWDC). We have 13 students competing and 8 of them defending their World championships. The wife and I will be Dancing/competing with them Sunday thru Wednesday and then judging Thursday thru Sunday. Busy time but it will be fun.
In addition to all the competing, the wife and I were honored to be named the Captains of the USA Team match this past March. We had to put together a top notch team of professional dancers to go again Team Canada and Team Europe and Team Asia. Hopefully Team USA will kick all their a$$es.
I am also being awarded “The Pioneer Award“ by the UCWDC next Saturday night. I am super hyped and honored to be receiving this award. Other than the fact it makes me feel really old. LOL!

Wishing Everyone a safe and prosperous New Year!
Congratulations on the award and good luck with the upcoming competitions!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back around 2020 (I think) the wife and I took a trip to South Dakota, and while passing through Nebraska, I saw this historic bridge, so we spent a little time getting pictures. It is still used for local traffic, but most of the "traveling" traffic uses the bridge from where I took this photo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom