OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Norman now it's 15° with clear skies and just a whisper of wind.

wea.jpeg

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
17*, 10 mph wind. Rise and shine cup cakes!

Your post was at 2:19 this morning, and I was just going back to bed after a bathroom trip. So, NO, I wasn't rising and shining at that time. But now, at almost 10:00 am, it is 17.6 degrees outside. Trying to say healthy for my surgery on the 23rd, I may not even get outside today.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the picture of the day, let's make it plural and call it "pictures." Wife's cousin lives in Mountain Home, ID, which has the Mountain Home Air Force Base, which is a training base for pilots. South of Mountain Home is the Bruneau Canyon, so I headed down that way one day to see what it was like. On the way there, I ran across this "eye opening" sign.

The explanation for that sign:

Fortunately, I didn't encounter any falling objects and made it to Bruneau Canyon. This is an image taken while facing upstream.

Now, downstream, although one can't see much of the stream here.

At the overlook area of the canyon was a sign giving a warning to all who were there and to any that were interested in "riding the river" at some time. The warning tells potential boaters that if they do the river, they will be the ones to get themselves out if they have any accidents or injuries.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@TerryMiller on the topic of signs. On my first visit to Oklahoma this one caught my eye. Now if I’m reading it correctly the fee for an ODOT worker tag is $10,000.00. 🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 444702
I’ve always thought that if I had plenty of money I might want to try this one out.🤣

And now we wait to see how long it’ll take for the limp dykes to report me for saying this. :rolleyes2

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your post was at 2:19 this morning, and I was just going back to bed after a bathroom trip. So, NO, I wasn't rising and shining at that time. But now, at almost 10:00 am, it is 17.6 degrees outside. Trying to say healthy for my surgery on the 23rd, I may not even get outside today.
Its 7 degrees now. That is more sleep than i got in 40 hours

Latest posts

Top Bottom