OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I touring around northern Oklahoma this week and visited the Wooloroc. There was a mountain man camping on-site. Was talking with him about guns and such, and he loaded up his circa 1826 type musket and let me shoot a round from it. I think he said it was a 68 or 72 caliber lead shot. I actually hit the target ! No rifling, no sites, easy trigger pull, and surprisingly not much recoil. But the musket weighed alot. Fun unique experience.

Also. Their museum was great. The gun collection on the lower level is outstanding !

Yeah, it's a great place to visit. I think they usually (if not always) have a 'mountain man' camping on site. That's not the same one that was there when we visited. Beautiful place. We had our dog with us when we were there, and one of us went out to the SUV frequenty to check on her ... made sure she had water and plenty of shade and such. I think the second time one of us went out, one of the staff asked what we were doing. When the wife told her she said, "well, for Pete's sake, bring her inside!" So, she got to tour the museum as well.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New day, don’t screw it up!

IMG_7528.jpeg

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/wiley-post-flies-solo-around-the-world

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife's oldest sister and her husband lived in El Dorado, KS for a time. While up there visiting, we drove around the city and I got pictures of some neat statuary art that was scattered around town. This one is a cowboy drawing out the brand that he wants the blacksmith to build for him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the new Twisters movie at the Imax yesterday. Rarely is a sequel as good as the first but this one does it. Maybe even better than the first.
A lot of the original movie was filmed in Osage county with the film crew using our driveway as a staging area. We knew several of the locals hired to provide air boats to create wind, a pilot that used his crop duster to dye the wheat green as it was ripening and turning yellow.
Back then the cell phones were not encrypted. Our scanner picked up all of them. Some very interesting conversations going on day and night. Sometimes we would have to stop at the roadblock on our way home while they finished a scene for a bit before driving through the film crews.
Wife's good friend met and fell in love with the set director, moving back to commiefornika with him when the movie filming was over.
She is staunch Republican. When she got out there and saw what was going on, the love bells went silent and she bailed, coming back to Oklahoma.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I’m sitting in the dealership today while they unscrew the stripped oil pan on the truck.

Originally the little prick service writer said he wouldn’t fix it. I guess he thought I would just roll over and take it. So it turned into a big mess. I ended up getting into a fight with the a-hole and knocking him out. They called the cops. For the record the little prick threw the first punch and everyone saw it.

Unfortunately the service manager wasn’t there when it happened, because he would have accepted responsibility and just come out and told they were going to order a new pan and replace it. So I had to waddle my fat butt over to the general manager’s office and complain.

Anyway while I was telling him my side of the story the cops arrived. He made a quick call to the asst serv manager and got the skinny. Lucky for me he intervened with the cops and told them it was a misunderstanding and they could leave. They still took my information and made a report.

So how’s everyone’s day going?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Well I’m sitting in the dealership today while they unscrew the stripped oil pan on the truck.

Originally the little prick service writer said he wouldn’t fix it. I guess he thought I would just roll over and take it. So it turned into a big mess. I ended up getting into a fight with the a-hole and knocking him out. They called the cops. For the record the little prick threw the first punch and everyone saw it.

Unfortunately the service manager wasn’t there when it happened, because he would have accepted responsibility and just come out and told they were going to order a new pan and replace it. So I had to waddle my fat butt over to the general manager’s office and complain.

Anyway while I was telling him my side of the story the cops arrived. He made a quick call to the asst serv manager and got the skinny. Lucky for me he intervened with the cops and told them it was a misunderstanding and they could leave. They still took my information and made a report.

So how’s everyone’s day going?
So was the little dick fired?

Latest posts

Top Bottom