OSBI urges SDA Applicants to apply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took mine sometime last year, but have not gotten my license(a couple trips to cali, and moving are my "excuses"). I'll probably do it sometime in October....but I can retake the class as many times as I want for no extra charge(Cunningham Firearms), which is a good way to show that you are keeping up your training(legally) if you have to go to court for a self defense related shooting.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took mine sometime last year, but have not gotten my license(a couple trips to cali, and moving are my "excuses"). I'll probably do it sometime in October....but I can retake the class as many times as I want for no extra charge(Cunningham Firearms), which is a good way to show that you are keeping up your training(legally) if you have to go to court for a self defense related shooting.

Good point , and congrats .
Not all instructors are that accomodating... ;)

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm one of the goobers who waited around to file the paperwork. I just did so online, hopefully I can get approved before November. If not, and they take a long time to process, I will have to retake the class, right?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm one of the goobers who waited around to file the paperwork. I just did so online, hopefully I can get approved before November. If not, and they take a long time to process, I will have to retake the class, right?
I do not believe you will since you made your application before Nov 1.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" Mine was good for 3 years. At the time you had to be 23 to get your permit and I was only 20 in 96 when I took the class. " I guess you got a special deal then . I've been teaching the SDA from the start and the certificates were good for one year when it first started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom