Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet I've met and handled more dogs - no, VASTLY more - dogs than you. Doing a really quick WAG, I'll estimate that I've met and handled roughly 25,000 dogs in my more than ten years as a veterinarian.

Never been bitten by a pit. Not once. I have met a few aggressive ones and I'll be the first to admit that an aggressive pit is terrifying - but those dogs were the exception.

I guess what I'm saying is that I have the experience and first hand knowledge to say that I don't have a problem with pits.

Oh yeah, you have handled many many many more dogs than I, but I dont see where that is relavent.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So 251 people die from all dog attacks from all breeds over a 7 year period and we need to do something about it? Sorry if I sound cold hearted and I wouldn't want one of my loved ones to be attacked and/or killed by a vicious dog, but come on. 251 over 7 years has got to be in the statistical noise. There are probably more people killed falling off the toilet during a thunderstorm on Tuesdays.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you have handled many many many more dogs than I, but I dont see where that is relavent.

WOW... i need to drop out of this thread, it is beyond disrespectful to discount the expertise of someone who has dedicated their life to a profession, I mean if this is the case, why listen to doctors on what drugs should be banned and what shouldn't, why listen to any expert that has spent their life studying any subject.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So 251 people die from all dog attacks from all breeds over a 7 year period and we need to do something about it? Sorry if I sound cold hearted and I wouldn't want one of my loved ones to be attacked and/or killed by a vicious dog, but come on. 251 over 7 years has got to be in the statistical noise. There are probably more people killed falling off the toilet during a thunderstorm on Tuesdays.

hit the nail on the head, more people die in the bathroom EVERY YEAR, than in 7 years from "pits"
one person dies every day from using a bathtub/shower in the United States (National Safety Council, 1992).

the same people posting about banning dogs here are the same ones that will quote more people die from a blunt object than guns in another thread!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How dare you bring facts to this argument!

Culling media reports is hardly scientific....which wouldn't stand up in any academic sense of a "fact."

images_ridemonkey_com_index_php_ec0ae6e479c6bec69d28d43e570563b8._.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I couldn't that particular statistic, sorry, but Around 400 Americans die from falling out of bed each year. I suspect is the larger, more aggressive king size beds, but I couldn't find the break down.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's for the children.

Latest posts

Top Bottom