OYH&SP New Mexico Bull Elk Hunt Raffle 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The raffle is doing well and is ahead of last year in raising funds to send more children on their first deer hunt this Fall. Last night I handed out the 500th ticket to our volunteers to sell. We only printed 750 so more children will be able to go this Fall. OYH&SP is growing and we need more volunteers for this Fall. If you have a spot in your heart that needs filling then please help us help the next generation with your time or a donation such as buying some elk hunt tickets or some tickets for our African Safari trip. One of our board members has a large hunting facility in So Africa that has many trophy animals.
We had a benefit European pheasant shoot last weekend that was a huge success. A Fall pheasant shoot is in the planning stage for late September. The catering was superb and the shooters went home with a pile of dressed birds. A big tip of the hat to the folks at Prescribed Hunts in Marlow, Okla, they did a superb job. They put on dove hunts in September that are quite successful as their property sits in the middle of a main flyway with thousands of doves coming thru. If any OSA member is interesting in joining us on this Fall pheasant shoot then let me know. We are scheduling it for Late September just before bow season. Several OSA members joined us this past weekend.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program recently received its 501c3 designation from the IRS. If any of you businessmen were looking for a non profit to make a donation keep OYHSP in mind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program recently received its 501c3 designation from the IRS. If any of you businessmen were looking for a non profit to make a donation keep OYHSP in mind.

I have made copies of the 501C-3 to give to the folks that are buying entry's from me. I have also offered a signed receipt to make it right with their tax person.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahomabassin recently was offered a position as Director of Volunteers with OYH&SP by the Board. He accepted the position. He efforts have been tireless in helping these children enjoy their first time experience in the deer woods. Our volunteers have done an outstanding job in helping OYH&SP program become what it is today, without their efforts we could not have grown like we have. We still need more help and if anyone would like to get involved and help us help the future generation of hunters then PLEASE let Bassin know with a PM.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The elk raffle is still running wide open. The drawing will be when we sell out of tickets (750) or August 1st when we draw, whichever comes first. So far I have sent 500 tickets out to volunteers and they are running low, so do not wait to the last minute. 19 successful hunters last fall harvested a bull averaging 308 inches and were 6X6, plus or minus 1 point. The hunt is the last 5 days of October 2013. ALL proceeds go towards sending more kids on their first deer hunt. I interviewed another hunt guide today that is helping the organization in the SE quadrant this Fall. If you can stoop to help a child with his/her first deer hunt then stand with us and send one of us a pm.

257wby- contact Oklahomabassin, Dennis Hoddy,OKIE4570, OKhunter, Roosta7 or myself and we will see that you get tickets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom