Panic Attacks...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the worst thing I've ever felt. My hands and fingers will twist and lock up and pull into my chest. My feet will turn inward and then my legs start to do it. Then everything starts going numb, but not to the point where I can't feel the pain in my hands and arms. My heart feels like it's going a thousand miles per hour and about to jump out of my chest, I feel like I'm suffocating. My son told me I lost consciousness 3 or 4 times during the long one.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I didnt read the entire thread but I can tell you from personal experience that seeing a counselor really helps. I have been seeing one weekly for the past two months as well as taking anti depression and sleeping meds. I had to go and see an actual psychologist as my PCP wouldnt do anything to help me med wise. My life has really turned around from the road I was heading down. I dont post here very much anymore but you are welcome to PM me if you want some local recommendations or just need someone to talk to.

ghostrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're in the Edmond area, a great psychologist Dr. Michael Potts is wonderful at helping you overcome panic attacks. His office is right near Academy on Broadway. He got me to where I have one about every year and a half. A great guy who listens to you. Tell him ghost rider (Andy) referred you. He is still my psychologist. I see him occasionally when my panic attacks flair up. Just so you know, I haven't had a panic attack in a long time thanks to him!

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious why you were let go?

CHenry's question is valid one. This may be part of your issue.

Please disregard if not the case...

IF this is the case, confront whatever it is - acknowledge it - and move forward. If it was a mistake or lack of judgement - so what? You're human just like all the rest of us - I can guarantee that statement. IF it is the case, I - as many - totally can relate, it is hard on the ego but carry on and use your skills. Once you use the God given talents you have you will feel better.

But, denial, or guilt, over a mistake or an unforeseen circumstance can cause all sorts of issues you describe. Damn, I still have nightmares about poor choices I made in the past. We are ALL human with weaknesses and strengths. Lord, the mistakes and poor judgements I have made in my life. I choose now to see they are methods to develop my character and perseverance.

You appear to be a successful CNC machinist, there are a TON of opportunities for you. You are obviously a worthy employee to have been employed at the same place for so long. Hunker down Brother and get back out there - some one will be lucky to have you.

I am praying for you - better yet, pray for yourself - won't you? You are worthy of it.

PS - You are a very brave man for seeking advice and asking for advice. I respect you for that. That is definite sign of character.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I didnt read the entire thread but I can tell you from personal experience that seeing a counselor really helps. I have been seeing one weekly for the past two months as well as taking anti depression and sleeping meds. I had to go and see an actual psychologist as my PCP wouldnt do anything to help me med wise. My life has really turned around from the road I was heading down. I dont post here very much anymore but you are welcome to PM me if you want some local recommendations or just need someone to talk to.

Thank you, I've been seeing a CABA counselor for about a month now and I'm scheduled to see a psychiatrist Thursday. You are absolutely right about the regular doctor not doing anything med wise for me.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're in the Edmond area, a great psychologist Dr. Michael Potts is wonderful at helping you overcome panic attacks. His office is right near Academy on Broadway. He got me to where I have one about every year and a half. A great guy who listens to you. Tell him ghost rider (Andy) referred you. He is still my psychologist. I see him occasionally when my panic attacks flair up. Just so you know, I haven't had a panic attack in a long time thanks to him!

Thank you for the recommendation. I have an appointment Thursday with one in Edmond, but I may switch to yours since he's got experience with it.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHenry's question is valid one. This may be part of your issue.

Please disregard if not the case...

IF this is the case, confront whatever it is - acknowledge it - and move forward. If it was a mistake or lack of judgement - so what? You're human just like all the rest of us - I can guarantee that statement. IF it is the case, I - as many - totally can relate, it is hard on the ego but carry on and use your skills. Once you use the God given talents you have you will feel better.

But, denial, or guilt, over a mistake or an unforeseen circumstance can cause all sorts of issues you describe. Damn, I still have nightmares about poor choices I made in the past. We are ALL human with weaknesses and strengths. Lord, the mistakes and poor judgements I have made in my life. I choose now to see they are methods to develop my character and perseverance.

You appear to be a successful CNC machinist, there are a TON of opportunities for you. You are obviously a worthy employee to have been employed at the same place for so long. Hunker down Brother and get back out there - some one will be lucky to have you.

I am praying for you - better yet, pray for yourself - won't you? You are worthy of it.

PS - You are a very brave man for seeking advice and asking for advice. I respect you for that. That is definite sign of character.

Thank you for your comments and compliments. The reason is a part of it and it eats me up sometimes. There is no ego happening here, just pure feeling of betrayal. Thank you for the prayers also. I've probably prayed more in the last month than I have in my entire life. I'm having issues with my faith now because I can't understand why God would allow me to go through this or when I'm begging for help it feels like none comes. I'm still praying...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments and compliments. The reason is a part of it and it eats me up sometimes. There is no ego happening here, just pure feeling of betrayal. Thank you for the prayers also. I've probably prayed more in the last month than I have in my entire life. I'm having issues with my faith now because I can't understand why God would allow me to go through this or when I'm begging for help it feels like none comes. I'm still praying...
I don't know what's worse, losing a great job or losing you wife and kid. I'm gonna go with the latter. That's my life. 4 months and anxiety is almost quit. Prayer does help. Nutrition also.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm good brother but if you wanna shoot the schit pm me and we can get on the phone. I've begun to learn, the older you get the more sadness life will deal. Seems the natural way so you have to keep adjusting to it...somehow. I shouldn't say I don't know what's worse, it can be different for each individual.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom