Permission Area For Members (Not Family Friendly)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like an forum with a non family friendly area?

• Yes

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 16.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make fun of me until your heart's content. I'm proud of the work I've done; especially my service to this country through the government adventures. I can back up all my claims. If you want the war stories, let's grab a beer/coffee and chat sometime.

I've admitted that there were problems in the "old" ways of this forum. Although I understand the tendency for many of you to associate that with me, it's an error to assume what my personal approach is. My ideal vision for this forum is not tied to the "old" ways, and it's not tied to the current ways. Currently, this forum is tiny as operationalized by the number of members that regularly (even rarely) contribute, and it has very little impact on greater Oklahoma.

I was asked to help out here until forum business is caught up. My history here (the "old" ways) doesn't, nor does my current activity, represent what my ideal approach would be. But it's not up to me to make administrative decision for the future of OSA. I've simply volunteered my expertise on such matters to help, if such help is desired. If not, cool.

My opinion about an "adult" sub-forum is based on a greater vision for this forum, not on today's zeitgeist. If we want this forum to be representative of the gun community, an organization that is a positive contributor to society, and one that helps ensure it's members' values are legal for the coming generations; some types of content/communication will need to be filtered. If none of that matters, and we want to maintain the status-quo for a small group of old and new regulars; then have fun and do whatever you want.

Keep rockin',
YG

So how's your vision any better or worse than mine, or any other members? If you have a vision, lay it out. Discuss it with JB Books. I'd like to hear what your vision is?

I think if GD went away this site would die off. If we lost the classified section I doubt we could keep the lights on. The other sections are cool add ons to the forum but the information is easily available on other sites.

I still see OSA as a local coffee shop. A place to glean a little useful info, share a few laughs, make some freinds and be part of a State forum of fellow shooters. Lotsa money will never be made off a site like this, but I think we are a unique forum.

Tweak it too much and it loses its appeal. Try to turn the barbershop into a full on beauty shop and what makes us unique loses its appeal.

Glock talk, gray beard, ar15.com, survivalist boards all have state or regional forums....they aint fun. There is no "this is ours" sense of community.

So if you or JB or Veggie Meat decide to have a "open free for all" section, cool. Just be careful if you change the coffee or impliment new rules in the barbershop.

I haven't read all of this thread, but both sides of this discussion have some merit and are pretty well laid out in these two posts. I agree with Lurker in that I see OSA like a "coffeeshop" so it's okay either way by me. How's that for chipping in with an opinion? lol

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may help if the purpose of this forum were posted somewhere on the site. I have looked but have not found a "mission statement".
Oklahoma Shooters Association name suggests it a forum for shooters, but it is more than that.
The OSA is labeled as Oklahoma's 2nd Amendment Community, but it is more than that.
My take is that it is a social community of Oklahoman's who enjoy shooting sports and firearms.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read through 8 pages of the same basic discussion....impressive for this board staying on topic! However, my question from page 2 has yet to be answered.....WHERE IS SPATA?

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously, what happened? Did YG delete too many posts that were not delete worthy so he snapped and posted ban worthy material? Spata was nothing if not entertaining. The place needs him around to keep it fun around here.

No kidding, he knew how far he could push it. He cracks me up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom