Permission Area For Members (Not Family Friendly)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like an forum with a non family friendly area?

• Yes

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 16.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This board definitely needs a private forum. It would save a lot of drama.

The real question to ask is what caused the drama to begin with.

As daily prolific poster I'll tell ya. Threads started getting lock or deleted and post edited. This came after a year or so after the rules were loosened up so people could be more unmoderated. Then "somebody" decided to tighten it back up. This kinda pissed off a few of the more active members. Anyone with a brain can see there's a riff happening. I say **** can the bunch of em before it hurts traffic.

It's just my opinion but moderators ain't cops for the owner. Their job is to keep things flowing and fun. One does that pretty good. The rest come n go and enforce stuff and create plans for some grand scheme. Horseshit is what it is.

OSA ain't never gonna be a national forum. It is what it is.....a state gun board for Okies. So "they" need to quit fuggin with "plans" and just do the job of moderating and doing whatever IT guys do.

You can't force evolution. It either happens on it own chaotic path or it self extincs.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'm gonna say this one more time for the record. I am NOT the only good moderator here. You guys see me more because I'm a more transparent kind of moderator (for my own reasons) than they are but I am NOT a better moderator than they are. I'm not "outing" any moderator here as either good or bad ... with a personal agenda or not ... or just plain dumbass or pretty sharp fella ... You guys aren't stupid. You can figure that stuff out on your own.

BUT ... to say that I am the only active moderator here who cares about the owner's needs, the membership and the board is patently false. Because I'm not the only active moderator. And I'm not the only one who cares what you guys think. It's just I'm the one who's willing to try and keep you guys from shooting yourselves in the foot. I don't want to see OSA go back to what it was any more than the rest of you guys. But, challenging a moderator only gives credence to the notion that you guys need reining in. You have a system in place to deal with this kind of stuff ... It's called "Email this member". You can find it when you check out a member's profile. I'd gently suggest that POLITELY let someone who can do something about it what your concerns are.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I've seen is the owner and mods adding new forums for a couple years now as need and desire came to the surface.
I suspect some members may be a little too anxious for new forums and one forum in particular.
Give the owner and his team a chance before firing up the cross.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, I'm gonna say this one more time for the record. I am NOT the only good moderator here. You guys see me more because I'm a more transparent kind of moderator (for my own reasons) than they are but I am NOT a better moderator than they are. I'm not "outing" any moderator here as either good or bad ... with a personal agenda or not ... or just plain dumbass or pretty sharp fella ... You guys aren't stupid. You can figure that stuff out on your own.

BUT ... to say that I am the only active moderator here who cares about the owner's needs, the membership and the board is patently false. Because I'm not the only active moderator. And I'm not the only one who cares what you guys think. It's just I'm the one who's willing to try and keep you guys from shooting yourselves in the foot. I don't want to see OSA go back to what it was any more than the rest of you guys. But, challenging a moderator only gives credence to the notion that you guys need reining in. You have a system in place to deal with this kind of stuff ... It's called "Email this member". You can find it when you check out a member's profile. I'd gently suggest that POLITELY let someone who can do something about it what your concerns are.

But you are by far the BEST! :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys ... seriously now, while I appreciate your votes of confidence, this could very easily be used against me. Apparently I am the cause of a lot of dissent here, so I would ask you one more time, if you would be so kind as to PM your concerns to the one person here who has the last word in all this, instead of making me your Joan of Arc I would really appreciate it. Although I don't really mind being your Joan I'm thinking that it's not really going like you want it to.

Thanks! Oh and :heart: :kiss:

Latest posts

Top Bottom