Pistol for female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She will LUVLUVLUV that Shield ... You probably ought to go ahead and buy yourself another one ... :P Or ... if she likes colored guns, get her a pink or purple one ...

My girlfriend just bought one... had the store had 2 in stock, I would have gotten one as well after holding it. Feels great.

Reaction score
There are many many good choices, but if you have access to a range in your area that will let you rent a few and actually shoot them then she can choose for herself.

Don't be surprised if she can shoot a bigger caliber than expected. It is all about comfort and what she will be confident carrying. You might look into an M&P compact or Shield with Apex Tactical Trigger upgrades.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Details:

Very hard for a most women to shoot a 5 shot light revolver - 38 special.

a woman needs to shoot several guns to make a decision. actually shoot not pick up at a store. if a woman is new to guns, picking them up at a store really does not mean much.

sometimes, it is very hard for a man to understand what a woman in experiencing when shooting.

many times a woman will not ask questions of her husband.

i cannot tell you which gun to buy, i don't even attempt it. until she has shot a bunch of guns and begin to feel the difference, then she will make a decison on her own.

i cannot tell u how many times a man has bought a gun for a woman, and she just cannot shoot it.

example, OK Handgun Lic class the other day, a woman comes to me with a sig 226 (i think), 40 caliber. says her husband bought it for HER for Christmas. points to the thing on the back (the hammer) and asks me what that thing is. grip way too big for this woman.

i hope this helps some. the class is $120 for 6 hours and all guns and ammo are free. if u do not think this is a good deal then, i don't know what to say.

Just reviving this thread. My daughters n wife are finally getting on board.

I'll probably be in contact soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom