Planned outdoor range at Arcadia and rt 66 (input needed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So its time to turn the hobby into something more.

After years of searching I think the right spot has been found. My family is just about to pull the trigger with the wife's blessing on a outdoor range off Rt. 66. This is a huge investment for our family and before we actually set forth on this adventure we would like OSA community input. We are fans of the local outdoor ranges but sadly nothing is around east OKC metro.

This will be a public range with daily, yearly, or, monthly memberships. You may either pay for daily use or at an extremely discounted monthly or yearly membership fee. We are looking at multi lane range for rifle and pistol. Adjustable distances for your targets will be available on each.

This is the real deal guys! What would you like to see on our range, would you actually show up. This is the kind of input we absolutely need.

Last edited:

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okc gun club is a private club if I understand correctly? This range would be open to public, with daily/monthly/yearly fee. I should have clarified a little better. The local can always be changed if needed, I don't want to be the dog digging in someone's back yard. The property is being looked over at the moment to make sure everything we hope is possible is possible. When I sign for the property we are committed at that time. Work will begin as soon as I get the final okay.

$10 day
$20-$25 monthly entry fee (undecided)
yearly would be right at the $100 mark (that's shooting from the hip)

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is awfully close to OKCGC, which is a pretty nice place to shoot with a fairly low annual membership fee. I would love another option and $100 a year would definitely be cheap enough. Still, the location being that close to OKCGC might be tough.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okc gun club is a private club if I understand correctly? This range would be open to public, with daily/monthly/yearly fee. I should have clarified a little better. The local can always be changed if needed, I don't want to be the dog digging in someone's back yard. The property is being looked over at the moment to make sure everything we hope is possible is possible. When I pull the trigger we are committed at that time. Work will begin as soon as I get the final okay.

$10 day
$20-$25 monthly entry fee (undecided)
yearly would be right at the $100 mark (that's shooting from the hip)

OKCGC is not exactly private, membership opens a few times a year. The rates aren't too much different than what you've listed...and they have a lot of ranges, all of which are super close to where you mention.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey thank you guys for the reminder on how close okc gun club was. I was never a member but have driven out that way on several occasions.

Any recommendations of location?

Looking just outside of city limits east of I-35. Close to highways would be nice with out trashed out lands.

Out by t-birds was a plan at one point.

Last edited:

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason I didn't want to go west of I-35 was because of Canadian ranges. I cannot believe I forgot all about OKC Gun Club being that close. I also posted the thread in Central Oklahoma Sportsman Trading Group. I got all praise for opening something on this side of town. I'll look more into the west side of town thanks Oklahomabassin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom