Planned outdoor range at Arcadia and rt 66 (input needed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to see it at Arcadia area. Then I do not have to shop for a land to build my hobby range. I can just go to yours. 2nd street Rt66 will be good and easy access from Edmond residents and OKC from I35.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with everything you just said. I have one on retainer already and am currently working with a trusted relator we have used several times in the past.

The business I use to own was a security and private investigations agency, oscn was my best friend lol.

Lol @ the oscn comment! :D I asked and he doesn't recall the name of the range either but he did remember that their big thing was sweet shooting. I'll look around when I get on the "real" computer this evening and see what I can find for you ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You say that as soon as you sign for the land, you will be proceeding with the plan. I'm assuming before you sign for the land that you will have any/all necessary city/county/state permitting and approvals? Sure would suck to buy some land and then find out the county/town won't allow you to open a range on it (ask Swat-T or whatever his member name is/was. He had a solid plan in place to open a range just east of here. He had a few layers of approval done and some "development council" shot him down".)

I wouldn't count on Oklahoma law protecting you from noise complaints. Just ask the State Fair racetrack, Thunderbird Range, and whatever that shotgun club was.

I don't see a problem being to close to OKCGC. Since they aren't a commercial operation it's not exactly like opening a coffee shop next to a Starbucks. I think staying east of 35 is a good idea...we need something out here!

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, OKCGC does allow non-members to enter some of their shooting competitions, so at times, no membership is required. That said, I'm not sure I see a big issue with being close to OKCGC, not everyone wants to wait 6-12 months to get their membership, but it is a pretty nice setup out there.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So its time to turn the hobby into something more.

After years of searching I think the right spot has been found. My family is just about to pull the trigger with the wife's blessing on a outdoor range off Rt. 66. This is a huge investment for our family and before we actually set forth on this adventure we would like OSA community input. We are fans of the local outdoor ranges but sadly nothing is around east OKC metro.

This will be a public range with daily, yearly, or, monthly memberships. You may either pay for daily use or at an extremely discounted monthly or yearly membership fee. We are looking at multi lane range for rifle and pistol. Adjustable distances for your targets will be available on each.

This is the real deal guys! What would you like to see on our range, would you actually show up. This is the kind of input we absolutely need.

Let me know if you need any help finding some land..

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually talked with Ken from t-birds for a good while yesterday, and went over all the requirements. The reason he shut down was he was he hit 70 this year and just wanting to retire. We even discussed swat-t for a bit and his attempt at opening a range. Getting permission from local government is about all the permission I need. Well and the continued cooperation from the wife. I will be respecting the neighbors wishes as much as possible. That is if there are any neighbors around. Ken verified for me the only noise issues was keeping below 150 decibels just as the law states. Insurance requirements are none, its all on the business owners own discretions.

By the way Ken is a huge fan of OSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom