Planned outdoor range at Arcadia and rt 66 (input needed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i would like to see it in the draper area,but you're not going to be out of okc city limits there and the neighbors already ran off a shotgun range out there

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you wanting to actually be profitable? Is this just a hobby range?

This was my first thought. Unfortunately, with urban sprawl what it is the outdoor ranges that have tried to open in the last few years have had major problems. OKCGC has had issues with neighbor's complaints about noise. I can't remember the name of the place that opened up down south but I believe it was a sweet range and litigation finally shut them down.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I'd hate to see you lose your shirt, too, if this was something you were planning on doing to generate income. Good luck!!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be honest the reason I'm doing this is for my 6 month old girl. I've owned a business ran it successfully and closed it right with profit I might add. Now my baby girl is here and daddy is unemployed now what to do? I lost my job 2 weeks ago and I love this hobby of mine. Its also something I've seriously thought about doing for years. We are more than financially stable at the moment do to my past business experience.

How far out from okc would be to far? I had always thought t-birds was some what out of the way. I might have to go out west or maybe even south of draper if this arcadia area doesn't seem to work.

With Oklahoma's range protection laws against civil and things should be easier fighting noise complaints. Then again things have happened in the past.
Range Protection

OKLA. STAT. ANN. tit. 63 § 709.2 (2010) Notwithstanding any municipal ordinance or rule regulating noise to the contrary, a governmental official may not seek a civil or criminal penalty or injunction against a shooting range, or its owner or operators, on the basis of noise emanating from the range

OKLA. STAT. ANN. tit. 63 § 709.2 (2010)

709.2 Noise--Exemption from liability

A. Notwithstanding any municipal ordinance or rule regulating noise to the contrary, a governmental official may not seek a civil or criminal penalty or injunction against a shooting range, or its owner or operators, on the basis of noise emanating from the range, provided the noise at the property line of the shooting range does not exceed one hundred fifty (150) decibels.

B. No person shall bring any suit in law or equity or any other claim for relief against a shooting range, or its owners or operators, based upon noise emanating from the shooting range, provided the noise at the property line of the range does not exceed one hundred fifty (150) decibels.

C. Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, any ordinance or rule relating to noise adopted by any local unit of government, whether before, on, or after the effective date of this act, shall not be deemed to be enforceable against a shooting range, provided the noise at the property line of the range does not exceed one hundred fifty (150) decibels. The ordinance or rule shall not serve as the basis for any suit in law or equity, whether brought by a governmental official or person. In no event shall the provisions of this subsection affect the outcome of any suit brought prior to the effective date of this act in which a final order of judgment or relief has been entered

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I'm not sure what the time frame was when that other range was trying to get up and running. Honestly, I think you need to find a good attorney and get a legal opinion from him. A written legal opinion, not a "hey whadda ya think" LO on the phone ...

I'll ask GC when he gets up (working hoots) and see if he remembers the name of that range so you can do some research and see EXACTLY what the problem was. I want to say it was down south of OKC somewhere but I've slept since then so don't hold me to it.

You should be able to find any legal actions filed against OKCGC on oscn.net ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with everything you just said. I have one on retainer already and am currently working with a trusted relator we have used several times in the past.

The business I use to own was a security and private investigations agency, oscn was my best friend lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom