Please help w/ FFL questions - I have problems w/ question 11c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This , and you should be contacting a lawyer to get it straightened out.

My question is What store took your money and didnt run the 4473,

The 4473 would not be valid at time of transfer if they had done that. A better question is, "who pays $2500 for a firearm that they aren't sure they can legally purchase?".

StephanieD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi! Well then I don't know how I bought two guns from two different places - one a big sporting goods store in Norman & one online that was delivered to a licensed FFL guy where I could pick it up from - when I answered "yes" to 11c on both of those forms???

Thanks, Stephanie

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 4473 is run when the firearm is transferred. In my experience, when a store is going to order a $2500 pistol they take the money upfront and at that time a 4473 is not required.

Thats my point , if theyre gonna order a $2500 gun, they should run the 4473 first.
What are they gonna do ,keep her $2500 dollars , and Not run the form?

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the instructions concerning 11c on page 3 of the 4473. If you cannot come to a conclusion of what the correct answer is, you need to contact an attorney and get clarification.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Hoov is right, if you answer "yes" the FFL isn't going to process the order.

The FFL shouldnt process the order. The OP said she has answered 'YES' before and her form was still processed. What do you think the chances are of an FFL simply missing that the question was answered in the affirmative?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi! Well then I don't know how I bought two guns from two different places - one a big sporting goods store in Norman & one online that was delivered to a licensed FFL guy where I could pick it up from - when I answered "yes" to 11c on both of those forms???

Thanks, Stephanie

Because they screwed up.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FFL shouldnt process the order. The OP said she has answered 'YES' before and her form was still processed. What do you think the chances are of an FFL simply missing that the question was answered in the affirmative?

I'm sure it was either missed or the FFL was uninformed. If the 4473's are caught during an audit, the ATF will come knocking.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were given a deferred sentance, you have never been CONVICTED of a crime. Pull your osbi report, it should show "plead guilty, charge dismissed".

Also you can file a motion in all those cases to have them removed from your record if I remember right.

Call a lawyer to confirm this but I believe you can answer "no" and move on.

Heres the relevant statute--
22 O.S. 16.991.C

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom