Please Read if you plan on being at the capitol on the 19th!! Need Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I went to the facebook page for the Guns Across America and found who is supposed to be directing our states little get together. I sent him an email ([email protected]) asking him for some details and this is the reply he sent to all of us that sent him an email:

Hello Everyone and thanks for your interest and patriotism! I have been e mailed by 15 folks and all 15 of you, and your e mail addresses are include in this e mail. As I told Eric, the national organizer for this event when he first asked me to do this, I said I would help all I could but it would be limited. That being said, I need help and below are a list of things I need help with:

- Someone needs to get a permit from the OHP Troop that runs the security at the capitol.
- Someone needs to be the front man to the media, at the capitol, etc. Preferably someone that is a leader of a successful pro gun group, has ties with the media and can get some legislators, both current and former. I will be calling everyone I know at the capitol for support as well.
- Keep spreading the message, sharing pro gun facebook, etc. pages and liking them, especially in Oklahoma. My facebook page is Double NRA membership by 2014.
- WE need small donations to someone that would volunteer to buy items for decent looking signs.
- We all need to be thinking outside the box, about what kind of message we want to send. It's a national event but how do we want people to view Oklahomans in the media?

We only have one week left so your prompt attention to this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Eric Cullen

----So, if anyone can help out with the things above, that would be great. I think I found form that needs to be filled out but I'm not sure. This is my first "march".

https://www.ok.gov/dcs/searchdocs/app/manage_documents.php?att_id=11673

Thanks for any help you can offer on this.

-Jake

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we should have the permit thing under wraps.

Also, this was just emailed to the group:

The state will not provide any facilities... ie chairs, tables, or sound system. We are however, free to bring our own and use it. It will need to be self contained, there is no power available on weekends. If there will be people speaking, then we will obviously need amplification of some sort.

I have a small generator, but no extension cords. It's very loud, and would need to be placed at some distance from the crowd. If someone had a little Honda generator, those are FAR quieter.

Bryan

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone knows someone or has a recommendation for a "front man", please let me know. There is sure to be media there and it would be great to have an industry leader out there to talk to them.

JRF01

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to this but I am concerned. I know I've read about a dozen times on here and facebook that OC outside the capitol building is ok but I've yet to see anything official to support this. Does anyone know where this info is?

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to this but I am concerned. I know I've read about a dozen times on here and facebook that OC outside the capitol building is ok but I've yet to see anything official to support this. Does anyone know where this info is?

Included with the only 2 remotely relevant sentences:
TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES said:
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
We aren't in "any structure, building, or office space. And it's not a "meeting of city, town., county, state, or federal officials"..etc

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES said:
B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed or unconcealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

Notice here where the State Capitol grounds are referred to BY THE STATE as the State Capitol Park... so it's designated by the state governmental authority as a park, and specifically excepted from the list of prohibited places.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all my family plans on being there, what attendance is expected? i reccomend jb, he has a calm rarional demeanor. never met him , but if he speaks like he writes he would be a good man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom