Please Read if you plan on being at the capitol on the 19th!! Need Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What time this starting? The wife and I plan on being there. I have a decent size generator I could bring if needed but it's not very quiet either.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder where our State level groups are in this: ORA, OK2A, OKOCA etc...

Seems they would already have people versed in the ways of organizing gatherings.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS. I know what you mean. The guy organizing it said this:

I met with OK2A Thursday night and they're initial response was that it's too early, there will be no active session of law makers at the Capitol and they haven't seen enough support yet (They believe at least 300 people need to be there for it to be a success. I would encourage ALL of you to contact OK2A and tell them you're going, how many people you're bringing and that we really need them.

skunkworx

New to the site!
Reaction score
Looks like it may be small and kinda mighty! Ill be there and hopefully with more people (unless I get some overtime)! About all Ill be able to do is give some time to in some way. Miles Davis would be a good front man, he has his finger in all the stuff listed.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder where our State level groups are in this: ORA, OK2A, OKOCA etc...

Seems they would already have people versed in the ways of organizing gatherings.

OKOCA has mirrored the Guns Across America event on our own facebook page, and have been promoting it. As of 11PM Jan 12, our event page shows 120 people planning to attend, and another 59 who have indicated that they may attend.

This isn't our event, but we are helping where we can to get the word out.

We need another 150 people in order to consider this a success. I hope OK2A is spreading the word, and that a good number of OSA people will attend.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my best friends works the Governor's Mansion. I will send him a text and see if he can help with the permit. I would love to attend but weekends are my busy work days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to take credit for the next statement. Its from a member of this board posted on another with a little editing, and additions from me. the jist is the same.

If you do show up, do so in business casual attire, or at best a suit and tie. People in camo, with OC, and signs stating "come get it you idiots" just show the anti's what they want to see.
If the media wants to speak to you, keep it civil and answer in neutral responses. If you want to go off on them with the "gubberment gonna take my guns" rant, you will look like the idiot you are.
Keep to the facts, and if you don't have any, stand by somebody else that does, and refer the media to them.

Y'all that are going, have a huge responsibility to project a positive image, bucause, I can assure you, that if you don't, and let some toothless camo'd person with a wad of tobacco drooling out their mouth and a hog leg hanging from their hip, your entire protest will fail, and that is the person the media is looking for.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100% about the manner of dress. I don't see any problem with open carry, in fact I think it's a good statement. Hundreds of armed law abiding gun owners gather and nothing bad happens.

However, it's likely to be cold anyway, and OC may be a moot point with all the coats people will be wearing.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm going to be there and probably with my wife and my dad (Gaseousmaximus).

I know this is short timing and whether we agree with this particular person or not (nutnfancy), I'm afraid if we get a low turnout it could look bad for the supporters of the 2A. I have no idea what the message is going to be, but I'm going and hoping for the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom