Please Read if you plan on being at the capitol on the 19th!! Need Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If saltydecimator can bring a generator, we still need a PA system and... some people to speak. Unless we are just going to mill around and talk for an hour and a half?

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say anything before because I didn't think I could come. Things have changed... it's a possibility now.

I'm hoping that the draconian new laws in NY state will awaken people. The NRA has had too many Chicken Little moments in the past and a lot of general gun owners and hunters always figure nothing will happen. Or at least nothing that will affect them. The NY laws may well shake them up. In that sense, the timing of this weekend could be perfect.

We can all get angry about this stuff and spend all our time talking to each other. One of the big problems with online gun people. The choir is convinced. Time to go out into the general public and convince them. We have an easier road than many other states. I've taught at OU and Rogers State in Claremore and testing results long ago convinced me that the majority of Okies are libertarians. This needs to be sold as an expansion of the Federal Government. And an intrusion into the private lives of citizens.

I'm sure nobody expects me to bring up Roe v. Wade but... the general argument fits our situation perfectly. The Court held that the entire Constitution is enshrined with a general "aura" that limits gov't power. As the opinion reads, the people have the right to be "left alone." They called this the right to privacy. Everybody should be allowed to make their own decisions. If I want to own a bunch of military style weapons and high capacity mags... the gov't has no right to tell me otherwise. Until and unless I actually use them in some illegal activity.

Gregg

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say anything before because I didn't think I could come. Things have changed... it's a possibility now.

I'm hoping that the draconian new laws in NY state will awaken people. The NRA has had too many Chicken Little moments in the past and a lot of general gun owners and hunters always figure nothing will happen. Or at least nothing that will affect them. The NY laws may well shake them up. In that sense, the timing of this weekend could be perfect.

We can all get angry about this stuff and spend all our time talking to each other. One of the big problems with online gun people. The choir is convinced. Time to go out into the general public and convince them. We have an easier road than many other states. I've taught at OU and Rogers State in Claremore and testing results long ago convinced me that the majority of Okies are libertarians. This needs to be sold as an expansion of the Federal Government. And an intrusion into the private lives of citizens.

I'm sure nobody expects me to bring up Roe v. Wade but... the general argument fits our situation perfectly. The Court held that the entire Constitution is enshrined with a general "aura" that limits gov't power. As the opinion reads, the people have the right to be "left alone." They called this the right to privacy. Everybody should be allowed to make their own decisions. If I want to own a bunch of military style weapons and high capacity mags... the gov't has no right to tell me otherwise. Until and unless I actually use them in some illegal activity.

Gregg

This! Oh, God, THIS! I'll be there. It'll be jeans, a halfway nice shirt and but I'm not gonna be cold so It'll probably be a bunch of layers. I promise not to wear my torn up old hoodie, lol.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, is this actually happening? 4 days away...not seeing much in the way of organization here in Oklahoma.

It's happening. and organization is best as it can be in short notice with no backing from any pro 2A organization. With this event being a national one, and it being broadcasted to different media sources, we can't afford to not show up now. It would show that pro gun people don't even care.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's happening. and organization is best as it can be in short notice with no backing from any pro 2A organization. With this event being a national one, and it being broadcasted to different media sources, we can't afford to not show up now. It would show that pro gun people don't even care.

No where on this thread does it mention the time of day we are supposed to show up for this event. Does anyone want to post the time of day to be there and the general area where we are supposed to meet.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a practical question? I've been to the Capital before but it's been years. Where should I park? Some kind of actual address for the parking that I can put into my GPS would be ideal.

Thanks,

Gregg

Latest posts

Top Bottom