Please Read if you plan on being at the capitol on the 19th!! Need Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok guys
Having worked at Troop R for years heres the answer to some of your questions
You can park on the South End of the Capitol. Since the Capitol is closed and its a weekend the reserved spots with names and numbers wont be in effect. Please observe the handicap spots though.
Since the building is not open there will be no restroom facilities. Plan accordingly.
You can carry on the grounds but not in the building(s). Since its closed this should not be an issue.
There will be Troopers on patrol in the area. They are probably going to drive through the lots and may stop and see what everyones talking about. No need to be nervous or think they are spying on you.
I would second the idea to not wear camo. The media will spin that in a really bad way.
Come and enjoy and everyone act like adults and Im sure this will be a sucess. Good luck.

StephanieD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, new here, we will attend, read something about $500 for a permit, will contribute....not rich by any means but can spare up to $100. Have two or three long extension cords & my Dad has even more on the farm. No generator. Wil help any other way I can...mother shot by stepfather when I was 12 but guns don't kill people people kill people...dont believe in punishing everyonefor the sins of a few. I will make very good looking signs for my family, double sided, used to do that kind of thing before becoming RN. I've been saying march for a long time now just didn't know how to go about it. Confused a bit though, other sites saying Feb 8 @ 10 AM & this site is saying the 19th....of January???? I'm hoping not because that won't work for me....I was good for Feb 8th off that day....is this one for Jan 18 or Feb 18 & is there also on for Feb 8 like the other sites/states are planning? Can someone clear that up for me? I think owner of H&H speaking a good idea or can we get a gun advocate politician to be there to speak too? How about Oklahoman who has successfully defended their family w/ a gun to tell their story.....examples of how we do need guns for protection would be a good idea I think......or people who have suffered a loss of someone by a madman w/ a gun but still support guns knowing that the gun didn't do the person did (not me I'm terrible in front of large crowds...freeze up). How about law enforcement & military who have all taken an oath to support & defend the 2nd Amendment to speak?
Just thoughts, hope y'all don't think they're stupid....just trying to help.
Please clarify date, time, place....& anything else that I might be able to help w/.
Stephanie

Last edited:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, new here, we will attend, read something about $500 for a permit, will contribute....not rich by any means but can spare up to $100. Have two or three long extension cords & my Dad has even more on the farm. No generator. Wil help any other way I can...mother shot by stepfather when I was 12 but guns don't kill people people kill people...dont believe in punishing everyonefor the sins of a few. I will make very good looking signs for my family, double sided, used to do that kind of thing before becoming RN. I've been saying march for a long time now just didn't know how to go about it. Confused a bit though, other sites saying Feb 8 @ 10 AM & this site is saying the 19th....of January???? I'm hoping not because that won't work for me....I was good for Feb 8th off that day....is this one for Jan 18 or Feb 18 & is there also on for Feb 8 like the other sites/states are planning? Can someone clear that up for me? I think owner of H&H speaking a good idea or can we get a gun advocate politician to be there to speak too? How about Oklahoman who has successfully defended their family w/ a gun to tell their story.....examples of how we do need guns for protection would be a good idea I think......or people who have suffered a loss of someone by a madman w/ a gun but still support guns knowing that the gun didn't do the person did (not me I'm terrible in front of large crowds...freeze up). How about law enforcement & military who have all taken an oath to support & defend the 2nd Amendment to speak?
Just thoughts, hope y'all don't think they're stupid....just trying to help.
Please clarify date, time, place....& anything else that I might be able to help w/.
Stephanie

First off, welcome to our community. Thank you for your $100 offer, but we should not need any funds for this event. It is schedueled for this Saturday, the 19th at 12pm at the Capitol. I believe there is another protest/rally on February 8th as well. Making it to either event to show your support is appreciated. Please tell anyone that you know about both events.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of ya are gonna show up in camo, with chest rigs, and hog legs?

My suggestion as well as others is to show up in business casual attire, or a suit and tie.

Don't be the one the media focuses on as being a toothless redneck.
The media is looking for that person to portray the gun community.

If you want to loose your gun rights, show up as a redneck.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The permit was applied for on Tuesday ~3PM. We expect to get our approval Wednesday morning. We don't expect any issues with the permit, but if there are any, we will be pulling every string we can find to get it taken care of.

We have applied for the south plaza of the Capitol Building. We still need the use of a Honda generator (the quiet one) and a PA system. From the looks of all the chatter on teh interwebz, we may exceed 500 attendees.

I second the suggestion to dress appropriately. It's been verified and reverified that licensed handgun carry is legal at this event. Open carry, concealed carry or no carry are all fine, of course... NO LONG GUN CARRY.

Edited to add: Here is the link to the Oklahoma event page. It's not a specifically open carry event, just OKOCA is hosting the event page because we support the rally and it was convenient to use internet infrastructure that we already had in place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom