Poachers Of 18 Point Buck In State Park Fined Less Than $1000.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about replacement costs? I'm not sure who sets the amount of the fine, but a trophy buck like that can get up into 5 figures on replacement fees.

I believe the ODWC determines the value and only the judge has the ability to put the restitution in the sentencing. In this case the District Attorney chose the easy way and let these fools plead guilty to lesser charges. At least it appears that plenty of evidence was available but the DA decided not to press the charges that the Game Wardens filed.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so happens I was having dinner with Deer Slayer this evening and we were cussing and discussing this over the meal. The gentleman behind us spoke to us before he left (I will leave his name out, as he didn't formally introduce himself), he said the problem in this case and other poaching cases in Caddo county is the District Attorney is from Southeastern Oklahoma and his opinion is, its just a deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom